“Trattoria Divina”
Review of Trattoria Divina

Trattoria Divina
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Divina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pope Ave & Greenwood Drive
Description: Chef Hugo Lee brings his culinary expertise from San Diego with over 23 years of experience creating Italian food that surprises and delights our patrons. From the Lobster Pot Pie to the Ice Sculpture Sorbet, everything presented is made TO ORDER and on premise. Chef Hugo prepares everything from sauces, pastas and soups from scratch daily. Located in Park Plaza outside the Sea Pines gate, Trattoria Divina offers fine dining Italian food like the island has never seen before.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was our Plan B on a night when Pomodori was unexpectedly closed, and our first visit here. We arrived fairly early on Memorial Day Monday evening without a reservation, and were quickly seated. Service was very attentive but wasn’t overwhelming, although they did seem eager to remove plates quickly. Our amuse-bouche was a slice of pear with gorgonzola and a champagne vinaigrette. We tried the Capesante e Lenticchie appetizer -- pan seared jumbo scallops on a bed of beluga lentils finished with a truffle parmigianino sauce. Because we mentioned sharing them to the server, she had them split onto two separate plates. For the main course, I had the lobster ravioli. This was five triangles of pasta stuffed with lobster meat in a beurre blanc cream sauce with chives and chopped tomatoes. The serving was not especially large, but it was very rich and creamy and was delicious. Husband ordered the orecchiette e gamberi (ear-shaped pasta with local shrimp, cannellini beans, prosciutto, broccoli in a white wine lemon butter sauce). This was almost like a stir-fry, very lightly done, with a fair amount of garlic, and was a large delicious bowl of food. We hadn’t planned to have dessert, but ended up deciding to share a molten chocolate cake, which takes a few minutes to bake. It came with a scoop of ice cream and garnished with strawberries, and was a lovely end to the meal.

The restaurant is very pleasant, decorated to look fairly ancient with wall murals in one of the rooms and ruched fabric covering a long wall in the other room.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Hilton Head shuts down around 10pm. We arrived at 9:15 and were greeted happily. We were given excellent service and food. My husband had the seafood with a tomato-lobster sauce, which was wonderful. The place is hard to find. It's hidden between a Harris Tweeter and CharBar, but it is worth a visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

When a restaurant starts with WONDERFUL bread and ends with incredible french press coffee and gelato that my wife didn't want to share, you have a winner. BUT, add to that italian dishes that took us back to a recent trip to the old country and a cheerful,friendly waiter,Dominic, who was obviously proud of everything he put in front of us and well, what more can I say, other then the caprese salad was extraordinary.

1  Thank Earl C
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have been coming to Hilton Head for many years, and we always dine out while we're here! How we missed this wonderful restaurant I don't know. This is one of the best restaurants on the island, and there are many to choose from!! The meal started with a small glass of italian sparkling wine, compliments of the house, and then a tasting of ratatouille. I started with the carpaccio with a dijon aioli and crumbled gorgonzola. It practically melted in my mouth! My main course was homemade mushroom ravioli finished with a delicious mushroom cream sauce (many of their pastas are made in-house). My wife had a special of the night, sautéed and pan roasted halibut, also delicious. The ambiance was very nice too, and the pro ices were reasonable. Our waiter was Andre, who provided very good service. You can be sure we'll be back, and will recommend Trattoria Divina to all our friends!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our second time at Trattoria Divina and I was a little disappointed. While the wait staff was pleasant and knowledgeable, I felt as if they rushed us through dinner. They were overly attentive, standing over you waiting to take your plate as we were taking the last bites of our appetizers and entrees. While the food was good, when it came time for dessert, my aunt ordered the sorbet. They served it to her entirely melted and said they were having refrigeration issues and that it would be on the house. In my opinion they shouldn't have served it. Also, when the bill came, the sorbet was on there so we had to ask them to take it off.

Not sure I would go back a third time.

1  Thank daralyn1