“Go for the prix fixe menu!”
Review of Trattoria Divina

Trattoria Divina
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Divina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pope Ave & Greenwood Drive
Description: Chef Hugo Lee brings his culinary expertise from San Diego with over 23 years of experience creating Italian food that surprises and delights our patrons. From the Lobster Pot Pie to the Ice Sculpture Sorbet, everything presented is made TO ORDER and on premise. Chef Hugo prepares everything from sauces, pastas and soups from scratch daily. Located in Park Plaza outside the Sea Pines gate, Trattoria Divina offers fine dining Italian food like the island has never seen before.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A new find for us (multi-year visitors to HHI) we tried Trattoria Divina's prix fixe menu last night. When we were seated they brought out 2 small tastes of Prosecco for us to try---a lovely touch! Then they offered samples of Mushroom Cannolis---also made us feel welcome. The prix fixe menu offered lots of choices and was a spectacular value. My husband had the Cappasante Divina's, a pasta dish with spicy lobster sauce and fresh seafood. Just for that dish he said he'd like to come back once a week for the rest of his life! While my choice (veal piccata ) was less remarkable I found he food overall to be of high quality (really enjoyed the profiteroles for dessert). My only criticism was the service. When we were being served everyone was friendly and helpful. I did think it took way to long to be asked for our drink order and there was a lag between courses. Overall this is a place we hope to return to, and urge you to give it a try!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We ate at Trattoria Divina during restaurant week on our last night in Hilton Head. We ordered from the special menu for restaurant week. The food was fantastic. We couldn't ask for better service. I loved the murals on the wall. It was the perfect ending to a fantastic foodie week!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

On paper, this restaurant doesnt make sense in that the chef is of mixed hispanic and Oriental heritage yet somehow produces incredible Italian fare. Sort of like having an Irish Sushi chef.....

Like almost all of the better restaurants on Hilton Head, it is tucked away in a shopping area and not "on the water" as the medicore ones are (exceptions being the crowded Skull Creek Boathouse and the pricey Old Fort Pub).

As a long time resident I have had my eye on this one for some time. For my wifes' birthday we decided to try it and it did not disappoint. They have an incredible prix fix four course menu for $30. Service and food were outstanding; will be back soon!

1  Thank hhbartman
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited during restaurant week for a terrific meal. Karen, our server, was helpful and presented us with complimentary drink and chef's appetizer that really made us feel welcome. The food was excellent! When we try an Italian restaurant, we first try traditional fare(linguini w/white clam sauce, penne w/ meat sauce) and we were not disappointed. Of the four places we tried this restaurant week, this was our favorite. We'll be back often!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Trattoria Divina opened about 18 months ago; I'm not sure why it took this long for me to visit, but it will not be another 18 months before I return. The food was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I dined with another couple and all four of us raved about our dinners and the entire dining experience. I started with the Insalada Mandarina- a salad of Boston Bib lettuce, avocado, tangerine slices, feta cheese and candied almonds in a tarragon vinaigrette. I chose the lobster ravioli for my entree which was outrageous. Huge chunks of Maine lobster both stuffed inside the homemade pasta, as well as surrounding it and topped with a tasty lobster chive buerre blanc. My dining companions each ordered different salads and pasta entrees and all reported a superb culinary experience. The staff prepared a gelato dessert for the table which was presented in a serving dish resembling an ice sculpture- very clever.
The atmosphere at Divina is fantastic- both intimate and artistic. I was informed that the Renaissance art was painted by students at the nearby Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and the fresco-like walls were quite impressive. Even the bar was designed to light up the senses.
Service was attentive, personal and efficient. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of food served, as well as the portion size.
I highly recommend Trattoria Divina.

3  Thank Bearsfan51