We love Hilton Head Island and we love Disney's resort in the Shelter Cove area. We are DVC members and cannot get enough of this resort. It is modeled after a fishing lodge and is on the marsh of Broad Creek. It also has a beach house and pool in the Palmetto Dunes area just about a mile away from the villas. They offer shuttle service to the beach house if you don't want to bike or drive.
The resort has many planned activities going on throughout the day. Our kids 9 & 5 really enjoy these. Some examples are Mickey tie-dyes, vacation pillows, character mugs, slime and bouncy ball making. In addition they also have informative walks such as "the secrets of the marsh" where a group is accompanied by their naturelist for a tour of the salt marsh during low tide, very interesting! They have walks on the flower and fauna and ones geared for little kids with topics like ladybugs. While no Disney characters appear here, the resort has its own mascot - Shadow a golden retriever who lives there. She is out for meet and greets with the resorts entertainer - B'Lou. B'lou puts on magic shows, entertains with stories on Shadow, lore of the low country, and even ghosts and hauntings of the low country. And then there are all the pool activities - pool games, karaoke, dance parties, bingo. There are also kids nights out and teen nights out. Campfires are held three times a week and end with the roasting of s'mores. A pool party is held on TUes. night culminating with fireworks out on Broad Creek. I didn't even mention any of the kayaking and dolphin tours you can sign up for or the fishing pier! And of course the water slide is a big hit also!! Hours are 10:00 to 6:00 with additional hours in the schedule here and there. There is just so much to do at this resort!!
The main resort area has a counter service window and also a supply and gift store. It has a refillable mug program with stations at the main resort and the beach house. In addition they have two special nights where they set up a BBQ meal that you can opt to be a part of and a shrimp boil another night. There are lots of other restaurants close by in Shelter Cove Marina that you can walk too and the island is covered with so many good restaurants to choose from its hard to decide where to go!!
And then there is that amazing beach!!! We love HHI's beach. We drive 12 hours for that wonderful warm ocean water and great sand!!! The waves are gentle here with no riptides and my kids always find abundent sea life like starfish, sand dollars, hermit crabs, conchs, horseshoe crabs, to inspect.
The beach house also has a pool which is very refreshing. There is a bar and a counter service restaurant here as well. Along with an air conditioned room with tvs and game tables. There's also ping-pong and fooseball tables set up and a small water play area for kids. The pool here has a volleyball net with volleyballs floating about just ready for a game.
The villas are very spacious. We have stayed in over our summers here a one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three bedroom grand villa. All have been super. The two bedroom villa has a king sized bed in the master with two queen beds in the second bedroom and a full size sleeper sofa in the living room. It also contains a jacuzzi tub in master bath and washer and dryer unit. All of the above units have wonderfully large balconies with a picnic table and two rocking chairs. Love sitting outside on them and viewing the pretty landscape. It is very peaceful and relaxing at this resort. A
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort is located on the picturesque coast of South Carolina, 5 hours from Walt Disney World Resort. This warm home-away-from-home-fashioned after a 1940's hunting and fishing lodge-combines local charm with simple pleasures and outdoor fun for the entire family. The resort features multi-roomed villas and many recreational activities, including 12 miles of heavenly beaches famous for clear blue waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- Disney Hilton Head Resort
- Disney Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Resort