“adorable place in great location”

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights in October in a two bedroom suite. The resort was very centrally located to all activites. The area thou not on the beach was very picturesque. It did have a beach house across the road that a shutttle could bring you to every half hour. There is a pool there, chairs, lifeguard and eating area. The only thing it was lacking was like a late night place to get a snack or cup of coffee. The eating area is limited and gym a little small. Everyone very friendly and place is very well kept

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fvaracch

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I come for a few days every year in the fall (September/October). The weather is always still a bit warm and this resort is one of my favorites of the Disney Vacation Club. I joined DVC just to visit this resort whenever I can.

It's quiet, small peaceful and very lovely. The rooms are always so spacious and they have a lot to offer.

Room Tip: They say the 2 bedroom sleeps 8 to 9, but it's so roomy I think you can get 10 to 11 in a 2 bedr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank april30317
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Here for a wedding of two Disney employees.
Everyone was pleasant to us. The studio we stayed in was roomy for two people. Iron/board worked great. Small fridge/microwave were fine. Plastic utensils and paper plates were provided along with dish soap and coffee. Maid service usually arrived after 3. Very clean. The only thing that was annoying was parking. The underground garage below the building we were in has very limited spaces that fill up quickly. The spaces seem just wide enough for a compact car at best. Maybe one of those smart cars. Otherwise it is a
tight fit. All the spaces in this resort seem too small for today's family cars. Overall, this is a nice resort. Yea, Mickey!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at Disney's Hilton Head resort during September (funny that I had the same studio room 2 times in a row). The weather is still warm enough to head to the beach, but cool enough so you aren't sweating like a pig. This resort is not beach front but has a marsh and marina view. The bus (all of 5 minutes) to the "beach house" runs daily from 10A - 5P and later during special events. For me, the bus is very convenient, I hitch a ride to the beach and load up when I'm ready to leave. The beach house as fast food options, a pool, chairs, and ping pong tables. I was very satisfied with my studio villa with small fridge, a microwave and counter space. I had a queen size bed and a pull out sofa. Marsh view. My room was ready early, yay for me! The only problem for me was the dust on the ceiling from the air vent. A very quiet place, I don't think I heard any people in my villa the entire weekend. The pool is full of kids, so if you want peace and quiet, request a room far from the pool area. Will return, most likely next September.

Room Tip: Villas 11 & 12 are the only handicap accessible villas (I think). Villas by the pool are very no...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Spent a long weekend here. I must say, this place is becoming one of my favorite places to visit. It is very light on the Disney theme. We are DVC members and love Disney so we would be ok with a bit more. We had a two bedroom villa in building 27. We were on the first floor, since we have young kids. This is a great location. Very close to the pool, store, and quick service restaurant. I think this is the perfect spot. Peaceful view of the marsh, and pool a few steps from the front door. Never heard any noise from pool. The staff here is top notch. When we booked we told them we would be celebrating our son's 5th birthday. When we got into our room after check in, there were a bunch of Disney balloons and a card wishing him a happy birthday. There was a message for him on the phone from Mickey and Minnie, and his name popped up on the digital screen at the pool wishing him a happy birthday, as well as the resort channel on the tv. It made him feel very special. The crowds were pretty light however more than I was expecting considering school had already started back. There are so many activities set up at the resort for kids. Some for a cost but plenty for free. The kids enjoyed the campfire, and movie under the stars the most.

The two bedroom villas are huge. They sleep 8. We loved the nice deck with picnic table and rocking chairs over the marsh. The beds are comfy to us. I would say the mattresses are firm. So if you prefer the softer fluffy mattress you may be disappointed. Free wifi at the hotel. The resort had a decent size pool for small to medium crowds. I feel it would be tight with large crowds in mid summer.

The private beach house for resort guests has another pool. Go first thing in the morning and you will have pool to yourself. We had it to ourselves for about two hours. They open at 0800. The beach was very nice but for some reason there was a ton of ants out there which we found strange. There is another quick service restaurant option here. Now serving Dole Whip ice cream.

Overall this was a near perfect stay. My very minor complaint is the couch in the living room of the villa. It is extremely uncomfortable for lounging and just trying to watch tv. Hard to describe. Time to invest in some comfy couches. Other than that, outstanding. Can't wait for next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MJ525
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Been wanting to stay at this resort for some time. Nephew graduating from Parris Island gave us the opportunity. Having never been to Hilton Head this resort allowed us to visit with the knowledge we would have Disney treatment. And we were not disappointed. Had the two bedroom in building 13 overlooking the marsh. Peaceful, lovely, beautiful! Room was clean, staff friendly and informative. Property had plenty of hammocks, chairs, grills. Walkable, runnable, bikable, your choice. Beach house offered nice amenities. You can enjoy the beach with the knowledge that you know you have facilities, food and parking. Although we rented bikes and enjoyed the island.

Room Tip: All views are good. Island view overlooks the marina. Marsh view is the most peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is our third trip to Disney's Hilton Head Resort and it just gets beeter each trip. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The views will relax and decompress anyone who needs to relax. This is a first class resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of broad creek.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family