I have been coming to HHI since I was a kid, but had never ventured onto the Disney property until now. I think I have found my spot! We stayed 5 nights in 2BR villa 1411 in June. Our kids are 7, 4 and 2. Here are the highlights:
- Bldg 14 is near the main lodge / beach shuttle, and a 5 minute walk to all of the restaurants, etc. in Shelter Cove. Our first floor unit overlooked the marsh (great views!) - we even saw a pod of dolphins strand feeding while we enjoyed our coffee on the deck. Next time we'll request a 2nd floor room as we could definitely hear the folks above us walking around.
- The activities were spot on for our kids' ages (pirate treasure hunt, Mickey tie-dye, s'mores, magic show, etc.) -- enough to provide options, but not overwhelming.
- The food was fine for our kids' ages (Mickey waffles or bacon & eggs for breakfast; chicken fingers, hot dogs, etc. for lunch). We actually ate in most of our meals, but found the two restaurants to be fine for what they are. (Actually, the veggie burger was one of the better I have had.)
- Both pools were great. The Beach Club itself is a fantastic facility - great pool, great stretch of beach, etc...
- Perhaps the most striking thing of all was the staff - particularly the young folks who doubled as activities directors and lifeguards. These cast members seemed to truly enjoy what they do and went out of their way at every opportunity to interact with our kids. I'm a former camp counselor myself, and I was impressed with the energy and dedication of the staff -- I know it isn't easy to maintain that level of interaction for hours on end!
After staying at three Marriott Vacation Club properties on HHI (Barony Beach Club, Monarch, and Grande Ocean), we've found our home at Disney's HHI. It's small (123 rooms or so), walkable to lots of food and entertainment, and simply well done. Also, as compared to the on-ocean resorts, it's much quieter situated on an island within an island. Just a fantastic resort (which, rumor has it, is in for a major remodel starting in January).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort is located on the picturesque coast of South Carolina, 5 hours from Walt Disney World Resort. This warm home-away-from-home-fashioned after a 1940's hunting and fishing lodge-combines local charm with simple pleasures and outdoor fun for the entire family. The resort features multi-roomed villas and many recreational activities, including 12 miles of heavenly beaches famous for clear blue waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- Disney Hilton Head Resort
- Disney Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Resort