“Excellent Stay with Great Service”

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was a great stay right from the beginning. My family and I took a quick weekend getaway and chose this location. I was a little cautious from the start thinking that it was a Vacation Club. I thought I would be getting hassled at every turn, but this was far from the case. The room was great, and more than enough room for me, my wife, and 3 yr old son. The property was awsome, including the pool. There was a store on sight, and always something to do for the children. I only caution that most events are for 5yrs. and up. They have the all you can drink mug here also. That was not expected. There is a shuttle that takes you to the beach house leaving every 30 minutes til 5pm. If you stay longer just pick up a phone and they will send one to you. The beach was great along with the beach house. All amenities needed were there. So when you were done at the beach you could go to the pool and relax in the shade. The food was ok. Really all you could expect from a beach side place. There was also a bar serving adult beverages. At night you could walk across a bridge and dine at several resteraunts. That was the only fault I could find. A disney resteraunt on the island. I think disney regrets this also. I would like a little more Disney theming throughout the property, but other than that it was great.

2  Thank JusBeachn
There are newer reviews for Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great place for family vacation. Excellent pools and beach access via short shuttle ride. Plenty of activities at the resort. Rooms clean and well maintained. Excellent service. In close proximity to restaurants and stores. Everything about this place is top notch. This was our second trip here and it did not disappoint. This place is worth every dime and more.

1  Thank BobWDW2011
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We own DVC in Baylakes and decided to take a break from the parks and try Hilton Head. It was awesome so many activities for the kids. The lifeguards were so much fun. The room was great. I am thinking of purchasing more points. The staff was really friendly.

1  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We recently stayed at the Disney Hilton Head Island Resort and loved it!! The resort was perfect, it was very low key and exactly what we were looking for from this vacation! We arrived early and our room was ready, we overlooked the pool which was great. The ride to the beach was quick and we never had an issue getting a spot (we went early though.) The rooms were big and clean, typical disney fashion.

We all had a great time and didn't want to leave, we even extended an extra night, so far we have not been unhappy with our DVC membership and are considering purchasing additional points at HH.

We had a couple of rainy days so the BBQ was cancelled but they kept the pool party going the staff at the hotel was amazing! They really kept the kids happy at the pool party and it was a lot of fun! The camp fires are fun too! The fireworks were rained out when we were there but if they are through Disney I am sure they are great as well!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank meisNj
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was our first visit to the island and we weren't sure what to expect. I must say that the accommodations at the Disney resort were quite spacious and very comfortable. We backed onto the marsh and were in a studio. Although there were two adults and two kids, this studio was plenty large. The kids slept on the pullout bed which was actually quite comfortable (tried it myself one night).
The staff was very friendly and provided excellent customer service, similar to any other Disney property we have stayed at previously.

The beach house is a nice perk to this property. There is a second pool at the beach house, lunch counter service, as well as a bar. This beach house is right on the beach which is very fun and relaxing.
We'd definitely come back again.

1  Thank primecap
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had never stayed at a Disney resort and did so with some trepidation (we're grown adults, didn't need Mickey and friends)! We were pleasantly surprised by the generous size of the condo we shared with another couple. Rooms were large with plenty of space to store luggage, enjoy meals, and read on the porch. Staff was friendly and helpful; a nature tour of the grounds with a staff member was enjoyable and educational; horseshoes and shuffleboard games nearby were fun. The pool was nearby, but cool March weather kept us away. The resort's location is great - lots of golf courses, restaurants, and stores nearby.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Knowing that we're going to Disney's HHI Resort in the summer is what gets me through the blizzards and the 54" of snow in our driveway during the winter. I keep a postcard of it in my portfolio because it's my "happy place." It's THE place for biking with the family, swimming in the pool, kayaking in the sound, and just relaxing. When I tell folks I'm going to Hilton Head, they assume I golf there. Sorry. Don't need to be stressed wondering why my ball hooked into bamboo trees.

If you're looking for relaxation, request a vacation home away from the pool. The marsh views are the best for a serene breakfast on the back porch. If you have little ones, they might really like those pool view homes.

We've been coming here for 15 years, and it was the first year that we could come for any length of time since it was the first time in 8 years that we didn't have summer band camp to get in the way of a lengthy summer stay. My youngest was 3 at the time. Now that she's 18 (and the others are 21 and 23), we were reliving memories this year of where we stayed, where we ate, concerts we went to and playgrounds we visited when the kids were kids. Don't know how much longer the family vacations will last, but if you're looking for a place to just relax, buy some Disney points through their Vacation Club and get here. We just bought more so we can spend two weeks here next year.

Bring on the blizzards.