My wife and I recently stayed at Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort without our children. The resort is very nice, but i would not say it was up to Disney standards. The location was a little awkward to get to the beach which makes he resort definately not feel like a beach vacation in the classic sense. Also the rooms were getting a little tired and dated. We initially stayed in the Lodge in a studio room which was like a basic hotel room. For the price this was definately not up to snuff and was overpriced. However we quickly changed rooms to a two bedroom unit and it was very very nice.
The price difference was not much especially considering the vast difference in the accomodations. The Disney touch at the end was that they ended up not charging us more for the better room!
Also the resort does not really have a restaurant other than a snack bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort is located on the picturesque coast of South Carolina, 5 hours from Walt Disney World Resort. This warm home-away-from-home-fashioned after a 1940's hunting and fishing lodge-combines local charm with simple pleasures and outdoor fun for the entire family. The resort features multi-roomed villas and many recreational activities, including 12 miles of heavenly beaches famous for clear blue waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- Disney Hilton Head Resort
- Disney Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Resort