“Missed opportunity.”

IslandAce Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Give us a call to reserve a trip that most people say is "The Highlight of our Vacation to Hilton Head." IslandAce Adventure Tours offers 2HR Dolphin Nature Tours, 3HR Beachcombing on Surrounding Islands, 4 HR Inshore/Nearshore Fishing Charters, Family Tubing/Waterski Day, Sunset Cruises, Shark Fishing, and much more. Our Custom Adventure Tours are most popular and fully customized for your enjoyment! Call today to reserve best tides!!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Missed opportunity.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Visiting Hilton Head, I was trying to set up a 3 hour shark fishing excursion. I emailed the company via their website, left 3 messages on their answering machine and I would call at random times throughout the day to see if I could get anyone to pick-up. No such luck. If they run their charters like they run call/reserve system, it's a wonder if a boat ever hits the water.

Visited July 2014
6 Thank A B
Christopher N, Public Relations Manager at IslandAce Adventure Tours, responded to this review, June 25, 2017
You called late in the week during one of the busiest months of the year. I am sorry we could not accommodate you during your stay. I encourage all customers to book weeks or even months in advance. Please do not be discouraged if you could not get a trip booked in the short time you were here on hilton head island. You should see the yellow on the bottom of my boat, It "hits" the water quite often. Especially in July when the Bite is On!

Thank you and Please Call in Advance next time!

CC

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible, Exciting and Unforgettable. ”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Our trip with was without a doubt some of the most fun we have ever had on vacation. As a fellow naturalist, I was highly impressed by Captain Chris' vast knowledge of the surrounding environment, including specific birds and species of fish, and especially the DOLPHINS. We were able to see some of the local dolphins up close, as well as the migratory families, including their calves and juveniles. My son and I were so excited to see the dolphins in their natural habitat. Captain Chris was able to answer all of our specific (and numerous) questions about the behavior and habits of the dolphins. We were beyond thrilled at that point, and then we went FISHING! My 7 year old caught a lovely bonnet head shark almost instantly thanks to Captain Chris' skillful ability to catch the best bait and find the best places to fish. The combination of the Captain's knowledge, skill, and the captivating beauty of the creek and marsh system of the island made our vacation. We had a wonderful, unforgettable time, and we will definitely be back to go fishing with Island Ace again. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a great time, but especially to families with children who like to fish for sharks and learn about wildlife. Our memories will last a lifetime. Thanks Captain Chris!!!

2 Thank Grace J
Greensboro
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible!! No show!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We booked and confirmed a fishing trip with Captain Chris for my son's 7th birthday. We were scheduled to leave at 8:00 am. When no one was on the dock by 7:40 I called Chris who relayed that he had a boat issue and had forgotten to call to cancel our trip. He said he would last minute schedule us with a different captain on a different boat who then also no showed. We spent an hour on the dock with frustrated children and left disappointed. I find Chris's lack of professionalism on the phone with me, and in his handling of our trip despicable. Our birthday boy is crushed.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank RobynG1929
Brownsburg, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun! Great customized tour!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Captain Chris customized a beach combing/dolphin watching/fishing trip for my family. My 9 year old wanted to collect shells and my 13 year old wanted to catch redfish! I was very pleased to book one trip that incorporated both. Captain Chris took us to a sandbar to explore. What fun! He gave a history/nature tour of the island. We saw several dolphins and enjoyed his enthusiasm and knowledge of the area. The only disappointment was the fishing. Not even one fish was caught. The tide was very high that week and we later learned that 4 other charters came back empty-handed that day. Chris was so disappointed for my son, that he let him take his bait and his saltwater fishing rod to fish with for the rest of the week! He enjoyed fishing at the lagoon, but still did not catch a redfish! We ran into many people fishing that were equally disappointed that week. When it came time to return the pole to Chris, he would not take it back! My son now has a great pole that he will use on other trips. Thanks Captain Chris for a great time! I would highly recommend his tours!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Diana J
Cleveland, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Horrible! No show!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We booked this trip weeks ago! Woke our kids up at the crack of dawn to go on our trip! Got to the marine and Chris never showed up! To make thigs worse we had a trip scheduled with island explorer( which we used last year and loved!) and after taking to captain Chris decided to let him do fishing and beach combing! Boy was that. A mistake! We now have 4 very disappointed kids! Horrible!

Visited April 2014
7 Thank Lori2424
I am sorry you had a bad experience. I encourage all groups to know which company they are using when on vacation. Islandace, Island Explorer, IslandTime, IslandSkiff, IslandHead, etc.

Please always call to confirm the day before your boat trip. I dont mind a late call or text just to make sure we are good to go!

Thanks again,