“Absolutely Perfect.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of IslandAce Adventure Tours

IslandAce Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Give us a call to reserve a trip that most people say is "The Highlight of our Vacation to Hilton Head." IslandAce Adventure Tours offers 2HR Dolphin Nature Tours, 3HR Beachcombing on Surrounding Islands, 4 HR Inshore/Nearshore Fishing Charters, Family Tubing/Waterski Day, Sunset Cruises, Shark Fishing, and much more. Our Custom Adventure Tours are most popular and fully customized for your enjoyment! Call today to reserve best tides!!!!
chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Perfect.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I brought our 2 yound children (3 & 1) and my parents for the 3 hour "Strand Feed / Beachcombing Tour". We scheduled the trip reluctantly based on (1) our kids ages, and (2) the fact that my parents are not big boat fans. But, it was our daughters third birthday and we were hoping that she could see dolphins in their natural habitat for the first time. I could spend hours writing this, but for the sake of time will just say that we saw dozens of dolphins right up close, and were able to witness the fascinating strand feeding as an added bonus. Much more importantly, Captain Chris is an exception to the rule these days - it is glaringly obvious that he cares much more about his clients' experience and the dolphins themselves than he does about anything else. We started with 2 kids under the age of 3 during their nap times and 2 grandparents 60 years their elder both reluctant for different reasons - we ended with 2 kids smiling from ear to ear and grandparents who have been coming to the island for 10 years raving about how much fun they had and how much they learned. We will come back each and every year going forward that we return to the island - and whether or not we even see dolphins, we will return with confidence just knowing that we get to spend a few hours with Captain Chris on the ocean. Cannot recommend his tours any higher!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank morerips

Alcoa, Tennessee
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding Dolphin Tour & Fishing Adventure with Captain Chris!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I would recommend Captain Chris' IslandAce Adventure Tours to anyone because he will personalize your time on the water. He shared his knowledge and love of the water and Hilton Head with my sons, ages 11 and 6, on their first adventure with Captain Chris. We have taken tours on the other adventure boats over the years we have come to Hilton Head and nothing compared to our time with Captain Chris. We saw the dolphins "strand feed" seventeen times before we went fishing. Once they were taught how to fish by Captain Chris, they each caught fish, lots of fish! They can't wait to go again. So we'll see you next year, Captain Chris!

Visited October 2012
Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip around the "creeks" of Hilton Head Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My parents, boyfriend and I were in HHI for the week (our first trip there) and decided to look into taking a boat tour. Luckily while searching online, we came across the IslandAce Adventure Tours page. We booked a 3-hour tour and our main focus was just getting out on the water and hopefully finding some shells. Captain Chris was very personable and extremely knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife that lives there. He was patient with answering all of our questions, too. We went out on the low tide and were able to find some gorgeous shells and a sand dollar. We also saw (living) sand dollars, whelks and hermit crabs. Afterwards, we cruised around the area and got to see the local dolphins "strand feeding", which was an amazing sight!!! We all had such a wonderful time and look forward to scheduling another boat tour the next time we're in the area. I would highly recommend Captain Chris for anyone that wants an informative and FUN tour of the area!!!

Visited September 2012
Terrace Park, OH
“Thanks for a perfect morning, Captain Chris!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I brought our 3 kids, ages 3, 5 and 8 on a shark fishing adventure with Captain Chris last week, based on great trip advisor reviews. I have to admit, I was nervous about how my two younger children would do on a 4 hour boat tour. They had a BLAST. Captain Chris is extremely knowledgeable about the area and clearly loves what he does. This being our first time to Hilton Head, we loved seeing the area from the water! We caught our bait, had dolphins come up to the boat and then proceeded to catch about 6 sharks of various sizes and variety using the bait we caught. The kids were thrilled with the entire process. During the 4 hour trip, we never had one request about "can we go home yet," which is saying something in my family. Captain Chris was extremely friendly and was great with the kids. I would definitely do it again and recommend it for any family. Thanks, Chris!!

Visited August 2012
Newtown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“3 hour tubing trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our family of 5 booked a 3 hour tubing trip with Captain Chris. Over the phone we were promised the Mercedes Benz of tubes. We had gone in the past, with another company, and we had a tube where you sat, so we were expecting something like that since it was supposed to be a high end tube. When we arrived at the dock, which was a public dock, not a place of business, we saw the tube and it clearly was not the Mercedes Benz of tubes. It was a tube where you hung on rather than sit. When we expressed concerns about the tube, Captain Chris sidestepped the issue. Also the boat was more of a fishing boat than a cruising, tubing boat. It lacked comfortable seating for our party.

When we left the dock we traveled for about 5 minutes and Captain Chris saw some fish jumping, he explained they were "Jacks" in the water. Captain Chris was so excited about the fish that he took out his fishing rod and started to get prepared to fish even though we were paying for a 3 hour tubing trip. He told us don't worry we would still have plenty of time to tube. However, he failed to realize we were paying him for tubing, not to watch him fish. He was very knowledgeable about the Island and took us to a secluded area to tube where boats would not interfere with the tubing, but we did not spend enough time tubing. We paid for 3 hours of tubing and were lucky if we were in the tubes for more than an hour.

Unfortunately, while there were two people on the tube and in tow, we came across a dead dolphin. Instead of steering clear of the dolphin and getting the people on the boat, Captain Chris steered toward the dolphin, to check it out. We got so close that the dead dolphin ended up colliding with the tube, mean while Captain Chris kept telling the two people on the tube; "You shouldn't be anywhere near the dolphin" at least five times. He even had the nerve to tell the people on the boat to shut up while they were pleading with him to get the tubers out of the water and away from the dolphin. The tow rope ended up in the dolphin's mouth and the smell was awful. Eventually, we got the people on the boat, but not after a lot tension and anxiety.

To sum it up this trip was unforgettable, but not in a good way. If you are considering tubing we don't recommend going through Captain Chris. He was very knowledgeable about the wildlife and the island, but we did not feel we got the trip we were expecting for the money we spent.

Visited August 2012
11 Thank TCF2012
Christopher N, Owner at IslandAce Adventure Tours, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor visiters,

It has taken me over a year to come up with a response to this review. I can honestly say that this negative malicious review has resulted in a 40% drop in my business. On Hilton Head Island there are several marinas and boat landings to choose from. Our tours operate from a boat landing that is very clean, has plenty of free parking, and is in a very convenient location. This dock is right next door to a marina. This marina has a very disgruntled fishing captain who is upset with the entire world because the marina charges him a large percentage to run his fishing charter from that marina. He is upset at me because I DONT have to pay a marina to market my business and answer my telephone. I do it all myself!

He probably had someone write this nasty negative review to hurt my business and IT WORKED! Im even scared of asking my patrons to write any more reviews for the fear of anything 4 stars or lower!

I hope that when people are online reading this response they will understand my dilemma.

Please give me an opportunity to take you and your family on one of my Custom Adventure Tours. I know many local dolphins by name and have been fishing these waters since I was a little boy. Let me share the beauty of the Lowcountry with you as it was shared to me...

Captain Christopher Neste