TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Fantastic Adventure

I would 100% recommend Tallboy Fishing Charters. Rico and Adam are fantastic hosts and expert... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
kpenke
Great Day

Capt Rico and Adam did not disappoint. My wife and I had an incredible day of fishing. It got to a... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
jhem456
Glasgow, Kentucky
via mobile

All reviews cobia mate adam these guys captain rico sea bass tall boy lemon sharks king mackerel big redfish spanish mackerel hour charter catching fish awesome trip day trip next year barracuda boat
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Wore me out. Started out with 125-150 lb Nurse shark (45 min. Battle). Then some big Bull Redfish followed by a smaller shark and then a strike by large tiger shark that that almost stripped all the line as we started to go after it. Broke the line ( my fault )so I never saw it. By then I was happy to just troll for the smaller Blue Fish. Caught 10. Captain Richard and first mate Andy were really great and made the trip very enjoyable! We would not hesitate to book another trip with him.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017

We adults had a fantastic time, we caught enough fish to feed 7 two times and gave some to Rico and Adam. They were both wonderful, answered all my annoying questions. This was the third of three different boats I had been fishing on in Hilton Head, and I finally found the place I will repeat! Sadly, my son got quite sea sick about half way through, made for some good pictures for his wedding someday (he is only 9). Rico and Adam were great with kids and accommodated very kindly with my 17 year old step-daughter who was in a wheelchair.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank S6920IHmelissam
Richard P, Owner at Tallboy Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Great review, Melissa! I've actually showed several people the picture of your little man's patented puke posture - the first of it I've seen. So glad to have earned your business and to look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

My family (2 adults and 4 teens) had an amazing day on the water with Captain Rich (or Rico as I heard him referred to over the radio many times)! We booked a 4 hour morning charter. Both he and his mate were knowledgable and worked hard to get us to good places to drop lines as well as do everything that they could to help us reel in our fish. We ended catching over a dozen blue fish and succeeded in catching a sizeable black tip shark (about 5 feet/ 80 lbs, we estimated). My son was thrilled and so proud! We have chartered boats before but never had such a great experience nor felt so welcome on a boat. The boat itself was in great shape and even had a small bathroom on board which came in handy! They cleaned our catch for us and recommended that we head to the restaurant at the dock (Skull Creek Boathouse) and have them prepare it for us. For $10 a piece, we had our fresh catch prepared for us, alongside some amazing sides. I would most definitely recommend Tallboy Charters to anyone and will definitely be calling Captain Rich when we return to HHI. We would go back even though we are loyal OSU Buckeyes still chafing from the beatdown from Auburn in the NCAA college football playoffs last year and Capt Rich is an Auburn grad! One of the best days of our vacation!

Date of experience: July 2017
Richard P, Owner at Tallboy Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us. Only one thing (and I don't usually correct my clients when they leave suck kind words) .... I went to Clemson. Go Tigers!

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Captain Pollitzer is outstanding. We had an excellent experience. We've taken two charters with him & will schedule a third ASAP. Captain Pollitzer is professional, fun, & provides top notch service.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Just got back from Hilton Head fishing with Captain Richard. It had been years since I had been to Hilton Head Ocean fishing and I was unsure about how to pick a Captain but I came across Tallboy website and read all of the great reviews and decided to book a trip. I certainly hit the Jackpot. Richard is a low country native, grew up down there and knows the history of the area like the back of his hand..can tell you lots of interesting stories. He is very patient and makes sure he understands what you are looking for. My friend and I were looking to catch a lot of fish and did we ever. He took us Thirty miles out to a reef and it was one after another until we were exhausted. Redfish, Seabass,Triggers, sharks and a beautiful day. Adam was great to fish with as well and worked hard to make sure we were always in the water..

Best thing is, I now know who to book with in the future and already am planning the next trip. Book these guys, you'll be glad you did.

Date of experience: May 2017