TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Fantastic Adventure

I would 100% recommend Tallboy Fishing Charters. Rico and Adam are fantastic hosts and expert... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
kpenke
Great Day

Capt Rico and Adam did not disappoint. My wife and I had an incredible day of fishing. It got to a... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
jhem456
Glasgow, Kentucky
via mobile

All reviews cobia mate adam these guys captain rico sea bass tall boy lemon sharks king mackerel big redfish spanish mackerel hour charter catching fish awesome trip day trip next year barracuda boat
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Captain Pollitzer is outstanding. We had an excellent experience. We've taken two charters with him & will schedule a third ASAP. Captain Pollitzer is professional, fun, & provides top notch service.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Just got back from Hilton Head fishing with Captain Richard. It had been years since I had been to Hilton Head Ocean fishing and I was unsure about how to pick a Captain but I came across Tallboy website and read all of the great reviews and decided to book a trip. I certainly hit the Jackpot. Richard is a low country native, grew up down there and knows the history of the area like the back of his hand..can tell you lots of interesting stories. He is very patient and makes sure he understands what you are looking for. My friend and I were looking to catch a lot of fish and did we ever. He took us Thirty miles out to a reef and it was one after another until we were exhausted. Redfish, Seabass,Triggers, sharks and a beautiful day. Adam was great to fish with as well and worked hard to make sure we were always in the water..

Best thing is, I now know who to book with in the future and already am planning the next trip. Book these guys, you'll be glad you did.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Fantastic trip!!!! My son and I went for a 6 hr. trip and would most definitely go back and do and 8 hr. trip. Capt. Rich is great with kids. Caught black sea bass, sheephead, redfish, blues, spanish macks and shark. Got to see some dolphin and a couple of sea turtles too. Brought the blues and mackerel back and the Boathouse cooked them up for lunch. Would highly recommend Tallboy Charters and Capt. Rich. Cannot express enough about what a great experience we had. Thanks for a great day Capt. Rich!!!!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2016

Captain Richard and Mate Paul were awesome guides for the 4 of us as we took our sons offshore fishing last week. Within minutes of tossing lines we were hooked onto fish. They suggested a great combination of fishing for "dinner" and fishing for the bigger bites, e.g. sharks, which the kids were more fascinated with. I would definitely recommend these guys for your future outings while in Hilton Head!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

We decided after arriving in Hilton Head to do a fishing charter. I suggest you book in advance to avoid our challenges. Many are booked up in advance. We were fortunate that Tallboy had a cancellation and was able to take us out for a four hour charter on about 24 hours notice. Captain Rich and Paul were very accommodating and friendly. We caught Spanish Mackerel and bluefish that became lunch, as well as butterfish and Jack that became shark bait. We got three hits on sharkbait, and my daughter reeled in a dusky shark that we photographed but didn't boat. They cleaned and filleted our fish. Skull Creek Boathouse and Hudson's are nearby and will prepare your catch. There also was a friendly dolphin that followed us into the dock and surfaced a few tmes to say hi.

Date of experience: August 2016