TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Fantastic Adventure

I would 100% recommend Tallboy Fishing Charters. Rico and Adam are fantastic hosts and expert... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
kpenke
Great Day

Capt Rico and Adam did not disappoint. My wife and I had an incredible day of fishing. It got to a... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
jhem456
Glasgow, Kentucky
via mobile

All reviews cobia mate adam these guys captain rico sea bass tall boy lemon sharks king mackerel big redfish spanish mackerel hour charter catching fish awesome trip day trip next year barracuda boat
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Fantastic trip!!!! My son and I went for a 6 hr. trip and would most definitely go back and do and 8 hr. trip. Capt. Rich is great with kids. Caught black sea bass, sheephead, redfish, blues, spanish macks and shark. Got to see some dolphin and a couple of sea turtles too. Brought the blues and mackerel back and the Boathouse cooked them up for lunch. Would highly recommend Tallboy Charters and Capt. Rich. Cannot express enough about what a great experience we had. Thanks for a great day Capt. Rich!!!!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2016

Captain Richard and Mate Paul were awesome guides for the 4 of us as we took our sons offshore fishing last week. Within minutes of tossing lines we were hooked onto fish. They suggested a great combination of fishing for "dinner" and fishing for the bigger bites, e.g. sharks, which the kids were more fascinated with. I would definitely recommend these guys for your future outings while in Hilton Head!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

We decided after arriving in Hilton Head to do a fishing charter. I suggest you book in advance to avoid our challenges. Many are booked up in advance. We were fortunate that Tallboy had a cancellation and was able to take us out for a four hour charter on about 24 hours notice. Captain Rich and Paul were very accommodating and friendly. We caught Spanish Mackerel and bluefish that became lunch, as well as butterfish and Jack that became shark bait. We got three hits on sharkbait, and my daughter reeled in a dusky shark that we photographed but didn't boat. They cleaned and filleted our fish. Skull Creek Boathouse and Hudson's are nearby and will prepare your catch. There also was a friendly dolphin that followed us into the dock and surfaced a few tmes to say hi.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

A great morning of family fishing - Blues, Spanish Mackerel, and Black Tip sharks. This was our first charter experience for our family of six. It was superb. Captain Richard and Mate Paul were eager to assure each of our kids (age 11-17) had a chance to land both Blues and a shark. The easy-going, yet attentive, nature of Richard and Paul will bring us back again.

Date of experience: July 2016
3  Thank emcamrot
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Captain Richard and crew are great at what they do. It was a very short ride to wear we fished and we were almost immediately hooking up. The trip was tailored for my 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter. Capt. Is pleasant to talk to and he understands kids. There are a couple restaurants on the dock that will cook your catch and provide a wonderful meal for a great price and value! Our entire experience was great and my family will remember it forever!
Thank you Tallboy Charters!

Date of experience: June 2016