“Czech Family”

Tallboy Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tallboy Fishing Charters is owned and operated by Captain Richard Pollitzer, a native to Beaufort County who has been fishing the waters around Hilton Head his whole life. His fishing career began at age fifteen, and since then he has amassed a wealth of local knowledge that consistently provides a safe, productive, and memorable experience for his clients.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a great time with Captain Richard. This was our family's first time deep sea fishing. Richard taught us everything we needed to know to catch many sharks. They put up a good fight and were fun to catch. We caught a Black tip shark which we could keep and eat. Richard cleaned and fileted our Black tip for us to take with us and eat. We grilled the shark at our Condo and it was very delicious. My son caught a large Lemon shark. It was so big he had to wear a fishing belt to help bring him in. We had a great time and would go fishing again with Tallboy Fishing Charters.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
"release"
"adam"
"battle"

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a fun time on our trip with captain Richard. We caught several small sharks and one whopper of a lemon shark....225 lbs! It was an experience to remember.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

After an extensive web search for fishing guides in Hilton Head,SC, I chose Tallboy Fishing Charters. I made the right choice!!
We are seasoned anglers who have fished all over the Atlantic and Caribbean regions for decades. We know what makes a outstanding charter.
Richard took my 14 year old son and I on a half day charter. We could not be more pleased with the experience. He is a kind and knowledgeable captain who made the trip extremely enjoyable.
The boat and equipment are first rate.
If you are looking for a quality fishing trip then look no further-- Tallboy is a sure bet!!!!

1  Thank Cooper B
Richard P, Owner at Tallboy Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

What a great trip. Ya'll were a great crew and Cooper Jr. did an exemplar job angling for an hour and a half on light tackle to ultimately get a glimpse of a possible class record. I hope there is a rematch in the future. Thanks for the business and for the review.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Took the family out for our first deep sea fishing trip. Captain Richard made us feel very welcome and was great with our two kids. We caught tons of sharks and it ended up being a highlight of our trip. Thanks Richard!

It's always a pleasure to have locals on board. You showed great patience in waiting for a bite on a challenging day. These days come if you're on the water enough and I'm glad we persisted until we found success in the big Red Drum - a rare treat at this time of year. I'm also glad I was able to show you a few things, most notably how to bury a treble hook in your finger properly!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for a wonderful fishing trip earlier this month. My daughter, her boy friend and I had a wonderful time as the trip turned out to be much more than expected. The atmosphere was more than one could ask for on a fishing trip. Not only did we feel comfortable but we felt like long time friends. Not only to compliment the trip, I also want to stop a minute to thank you for your very likable attitude and the knowledge that you passed on to us about fishing in the Low Country. We enjoyed all the catches that we made that day and your special talents from, where to fish to the art of gaffing and to landing the big ones
Two thumbs up to Tallboy Fishing Charters and the wonderful job you do in beautiful Hilton Head and the surrounding waters!!!

David