“Excellent Meal”

Ranked #124 of 393 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rockfish is located just off Coligny Beach. The menu is full of seafood and steaks made from scratch using the freshest ingredients. Both Lunch and dinner is served. Come in and see your beer fill up through the bottom. Indoor and Outdoor seating is available.
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We had been told by our son and grandson this place was very good so decided to find out. Our grandson said the clam chowder was the best he'd ever had, so we naturally had to try it. He didn't lie, it was fabulous!

Food not only tasted great, it looked great when presented to us; chef does an amazing presentation job. And their sweet tea is some of the best I've had on the island.

Carly was our server and did an outstanding job; do yourself a favor and ask for her when you visit. Extremely knowledgeable about menu, and such a personable gal. Carly definitely added to this great experience.

1  Thank CrazyNana7

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We have visited the restaurant before and after its new location and name. The new building is larger and offers a nice bar area. The night we visited we enjoyed the performance of a local musician. After much deliberation, we decided to order: Pulled Pork Egg Rolls, Montgomery Inn Pork Nachos, Hush Puppies, Side Salads, and desserts. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful; answering all of our questions. When our food arrived, we were delighted with their presentation. Everything looked beautiful and tasted even better. We would not hesitate recommending the restaurant to our families and friends.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

The menu is really varied. I had the shrimp/crab pasta. You get a good portion of pasta, but the crab was flaked on top. You could hardly taste it. And the local shrimp is tough.
In addition, they left the tails on. Maybe they can use a fork and knife to get the tails off better than can, but I had to use my hands. Why would you leave the tails on? The same for the shrimp and cajun beans and rice.

Dessert tray offered a nice selection.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We have been going to HHI for over 15 years and love everything about it. This year my friends and I stayed a week and never cooked a meal, it was fantastic. Since it was their first trip to the Island I took them to my favorite places to eat. But then I decided I wanted to try a new place also, so we found Rockfish Seafood and Steaks, this place sounded perfect as I don't eat seafood and was hungry for a nice steak. From the first step in the door we were impressed. Our server's name was Carly and she was fantastic, she was not overbearing, while making sure we were taken care. She was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful when we asked questions about the menu, she laughed with us and and smiled all the time, you can tell she loves her job. But now the food. We all had a different appetizer and loved it, my hushpuppies were the best I had all week. My New York Strip steak was so tender I cut it with my butter knife and fork. The sauce over it was just the right addition. My friends all had seafood and they were blown away by how fresh and tasty everything was. Try the Irish Coffee with dessert, it was yummy. Our only regret was that we waited to the end of our vacation to eat there, I think we would have gone back every night had we tried them earlier on in the week. We told everyone we talked to that evening and the next day, to eat at Rockfish and ask for Carly. The live music on the patio was perfect also. We can't wait for our next trip to HHI and this wonderful place to eat. Watch out Carly, the crazy ladies from Florida will be back!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The staff was the best thing about this place. The food was either okay or terrible, it was also overpriced. I gave them 3 stars because half my party ordered seafood and said it was okay, the other half ordered ribs, steak, and a burger which was horrible. I'll agree with other reviews and say the portions were huge!!!