“Great place for casual/nice dining.”

Rockfish Seafood & Steaks
Ranked #117 of 377 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rockfish is located just off Coligny Beach. The menu is full of seafood and steaks made from scratch using the freshest ingredients. Both Lunch and dinner is served. Come in and see your beer fill up through the bottom. Indoor and Outdoor seating is available.
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Bombora's two times while we were in Hilton Head. We got their sliders and green fried tomatoes with grueyere cheese and peach salsa. Both dishes were excellent. The next time we went we tried their BBQ pulled pork, which the waiter said was an award winning recipe. It might have been the best I've ever tasted. We also ordered their cheese grits, and wished we'd ordered a larger bowl, because they were outstanding.
Definitely good food here!

1  Thank MrsCsInteriors

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We decided we wanted something a little different than the normal Hilton Head fare and opted for Bomboras. While the tapas was fairly good, the portion size was extremely small, even for tapas. It was a "one and done" for us. We had appetizers, drinks, entrees and dessert and left hungry. The environment was nice and the restaurant was well decorated, service was meerely mediocre so we decided we paid mostly for the atmosphere. We will stick to the normal low-country fare from now on.

1  Thank Samantha J
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was our first time dining here, but definitely won't be our last. My sister and I shared 3 social plates. My favorite was the crispy shrimp and shiitake mushroom salad, hers was the black eye pea cakes. Each bite was full of flavor and texture. The chef did an excellent job on presentation as well as taste. It was obvious everything was made to order with the freshest ingredients. The ambiance was inviting with a feel of coastal flair. The staff was very personable. Our server was very attentive to all of our needs and the hostess even came over and chatted with us a few minutes. We had a wonderful dining experience and finished it off with a banana cheesecake that was to die for. I can not wait to come back this summer and bring the rest of my family to try this wonderful find!

1  Thank cataharin
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went for our last lunch before leaving HHI and wished we had gone to it earlier. It's dog friendly which was a plus for us. Our waiter, Brian, was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed sitting on the main drag and watching the "people activity." I ordered a blackened shrimp sandwich which was terrific! It had a lot of shrimp which is unusual and it was done to perfection. My husband had the special, which was a salmon BLT. It was also delicious. I wasn't sure about the combination of a BLT and salmon, but it was so good, we're going to try I it at home. We will definitely return next year.

2  Thank rynker55
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very pleasant staff! Ordered a salad for takeout since I was dining alone and they were busy. Tasty, but small portion of chicken for the price. I would go back though and order something else.

1  Thank tallfish