“After 32 years we still enjoy visiting.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Crest Surf & Racquet Club

Sea Crest Surf & Racquet Club
Atlanta
“After 32 years we still enjoy visiting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Susan and I bought our very first timeshare week here back in 1981, and we've been returning here, as well as trading our weeks, ever since. We've experienced very high-end units and some that shouldn't even be allowed to exist any more, so we know what's out there in the timeshare universe. Sea Crest never disappoints. It's a stand-alone development, owner-run, and it's been kept up and refurbished as needed throughout the years. The staff is very attentive, and very responsive to requests for help. The units and grounds are very clean and well kept as well as having outstanding landscaping. it's directly across the street from the oldest and best known shopping plaza on Hilton Head Island, Coligny Plaza, which contains everything from a Piggly Wiggly grocery store to the number two restaurant on the island. Although the complex itself isn't directly on the beach, it has its own pool and deck on the beach across the street, less than a block away. There are two more pools and a hot tub on the property, along with tennis courts a short walk away. The staff can help with setting up golf reservations with a discount to local courses. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing, and relaxing is something we've grown to appreciate over the years. We still use Sea Crest as a base for day trips to places like Charleston, Bluffton, Beaufort, Savannah National Wildlife Refuge, the city of Savannah and other nearby locations and/or shopping. There are two Tanger outlet malls to the west just off the Island. Rental bikes are available locally. There are 42" flat screen TVs in the living rooms, and well equipped standard full kitchens. We still look forward to our visits after all this time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AtlantaJim

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great time in Hilton Head at Sea Crest Surf & Racquet Club. Friendly staff, great unit and close to the beach. Can't wait to go back in 2014. Close to shopping and restaurants. Best location in Hilton Head.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank marianneadams
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been going to HHI for a long time now and we love this place. We look foward to the trip every year. The grounds are super clean and the building for its age is in really good condition. You could not ask for a better location on the whole island. I know there are new and nicer places but you wont find a location like this. Trust me.

• Stayed August 2013
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We love our weeks at SeaCrest each year. The best location on the island. We can lounge by the pools at SeaCrest or a very short walk to the beach and deck and pool there. Just walk across the street to many shop and restaurants. The units are comfortable and well maintained. We enjoy our time every year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We've made an annual trip to Hilton Head for 11 or 12 years now and this is among the favorite spots we've found. Great value (relative to lots of other spots) and the location is TOPS. Right across the street from grocery, dining and lots of fun shops. Beach access is an easy walk and guests can even use the pool and bar/dining in the sister resort, which is ocean front. We had a third floor loft condo which was lots of room for our family of four. It had been updated and was a very nice condo. We had an a/c problem early in our stay but the maintenance staff took care of it quickly and it was not an issue. Love the salt water pools. Not the Ritz Carlton, but not priced like it either.

Room Tip: If you can get a third floor one bedroom the loft space makes it seem like a two bedroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mahwah, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Could not think of a better place to be on HHI than Coligny Beach. I've been vacationing with my family on the island since 2006 and wish we had found the island sooner.

The room is pretty spacious. Although it's a bit older, the decor add to this resorts charm. Really, I'm there for the beach, the shops and the food. With both Coligny Beach and Plaza footsteps away, we've got it made. Once we're on the island we don't really like having to pack up the car to get around so the Sea Crest's location can't be beat.

The ladies in the office are always great at suggesting new places to eat or things to do year after year. Besides the other owners we're used to seeing, it's nice to see some familiar faces after a long day of traveling.

Already planning next year's trip! It's not a summer vacation for us without a trip to HHI and the Sea Crest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I just wanted to express how much I enjoy my time at Sea Crest Surf & Racquet Club every year.

I have been going to this location since 2006, and I feel like I am at home every year. The staff makes me feel welcome, and is very knowledgable of the area. I try to always venture out and try something new every year. They are always there to help, and have some really great suggestions. This includes places to eat, or activities like renting a boat. This past year they gave me the suggestion of renting a boat. Though not thru Sea Crest, or affiliated thru Sea Crest, it was a great time and got to explore the beautiful island of Hilton Head. Those ladies in the office make me feel like I live on the best island in the southeast, and want me try everything.

As for the location, it is around all the great attractions that Hilton Head Island has to offer. Yes, as in the other reviews I have read, the building is older. This is the charm that Sea Crest offers. Sea Crest has everything that most people are looking for in a GREAT vacation. Coligny Plaza is right across the street, which includes a supermarket. This helps to save on some items I don't need to bring with me, and can shop as soon as I get in town. I hate packing up for vacation and not being able to move in my car, because I had to over pack. I have not had to do that since I started coming to Sea Crest. The beach is also right down the street, and is also walking distance. With the beach right there, and so much shopping and restaurants within walking distance too, Sea Crest's location is a A++!!!!!

Finally, the rooms, are very spacious. They are kept up well, and are very clean. This is always a plus in my book.

Well I hope this helps, and want to say, that I will be coming back to Sea Crest for many years to come.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family