“Good Massage, but Not a 5”

The Art of Massage and Yoga Therapy
More attraction details
Owner description: Think of your time here like a canvas. It begins blank & every treatment is another brush stroke. Many tools are used & we all have different tastes but you will put the final signature on! We have simple, affordable treatments using natural & organic products that allow you to customize your experience with us! Whether are a weekend warrior wishing to seek relief from a nagging injury, a highly competitive athlete, or an avid spa-goer, our techniques will be sure to help you achieve your goals.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was really looking forward to my massage after all of the 5 ratings. The only thing I can figure is that the folks writing the reviews are vacation massage goers versus someone that goes all the time for a serious massage. I like trigger point, and while the massage did incorporate it to some degree, it was basically a relaxing massage versus one that relieves "triggers" and knots.

Probably a great bet for most of the massage goers, but not what I was expecting based on the reviews. The key is probably to keep your expectations at this level if you are going in for a treatment.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"release"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited The Art of Massage for the first time, and I was very pleased! I visit spas quite frequently, and I am very picky. I received a massage from Louie, and it was one of the best massages I have had. Also, for the price, this spa cannot be beat! I highly recommend, and I will be returning again the next time I come back to Hilton Head.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I love this Spa! Everytime I come to HH I get a massage and facial with Christine. I think she is the best I have ever had and I have been to a few famous Spas likeThe Greenbrier, and Canyon Ranch.

1  Thank Charlotte w
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Art of Yoga is exceptional! You will find a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to practice all levels of yoga. The instructors make you feel comfortable and the studio is very welcoming, I left the class with gratitude, happiness, and positive energy. A great yoga studio you need to experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm a very frequent flyer and indulge my husband and myself to frequent massages and spa offerings. On a recent long weekend at Hilton Head, SC we found The Art of Massage. The staff there got us in the same day, were so pleasant, and each of our massages, we agreed, were the best we had ever had. I also had a facial, which was a terrific exprience - relaxing and rejuvenating.
I wish we lived there at Hilton Head, we'd be weekly customers!

1  Thank Linda M