“Good pizza and healthy, fresh salads”

TJ's Take & Bake Pizza Co.
Ranked #161 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Pizza
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Good pizza and healthy, fresh salads”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We go here for lunch a few times a month. Good service, owner-operated by friendly people, and a nice array of pizza slices available. Greek salad and "superfood" salad are also good selections and very fresh (I am picky about my salads!). A slice of pizza with a half-portion of salad makes the perfect lunch. Like the fact that they feature one "red" and one "white" slice as a lunch special each weekday (as well as cheese slices every weekday). I am partial to pizza without tomato sauce and can always find a "white" slice to my liking here. Take-home pizzas are also good and come with clear instructions for baking at home. Pizza style is a fairly thin crust. I think they also have some wraps, but we haven't tried those b/c we go here for pizza!

• Visited June 2014

Hilton Head Island, SC
“One of my favorite pizza places”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

TJ's is one of our "go-to" places for a great meal. My wife likes the Mediterranean and my son likes the traditional pepperoni, so I get to have some of each! Be sure to follow the instructions closely when cooking the pizza. If one of the trays is touching the wall of the oven, it will overcook.

They have some good web specials that will save you some money when ordering more than one pizza. Overall, an excellent value.

• Visited December 2013
HILTON HEAD
“Great slices for lunch!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place is great for lunch. A lot of people don't realize that you can get slices already cooked and great salads here for lunch. Jay, the owner is always making sure my lunch is healthy because he knows I am dieting. The salads are freshly made to order and the crust on his pizza is perfect. They even have a nice patio that is dog friendly, so we take our English pointers there for a slice often when the weather is good.

Visited February 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Tried the gluten free.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This is our new "go to"pizza place on Hilton Head. My wife recently discovered she is gluten intolerant. We heard TJ's had a gluten free pizza and decided to give it a try. We went for lunch, she ordered the gluten free Greek and I had a slice of their regular cheese.
My slice was excellent and my wife kept urging me to to try her gluten free. Reluctantly I took a small bite and was amazed.
It was so good we came back a few days later to pick up one to bake at our villa. The staff was very helpful, explaining the proper way to bake it and the result was delicious. We will be going back to try more of the signature pizzas.

1 Thank Michael S
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Fresh Pizza....Hot from your Oven”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great place to order a fresh made pizza that you can take home, bake & enjoy. All fresh ingredients that are generously put on your pie.

Visited October 2013