“Don't be fooled by the "collaboration" of Deli by the Beach”
Review of Munchies

Munchies
Ranked #23 of 25 Dessert in Hilton Head
Description: "MUNCHIES" says it all! The whimsical ice cream shoppe at Main Street Village uses only Boars Head Meats and Cheeses and Nathans All Beef Hot Dogs as ingredients in their vast menu of made to order paninis, wraps and salads, homemade quiches and soups and the newest addition of a separate Nathans Hot Dog Menu. But MUNCHIES is more than just food. Homemade chocolate candy, fudge, baked goods and premium ice cream, dessert bar and snack center make all your delicious dreams come true.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Don't be fooled by the "collaboration" of Deli by the Beach”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I used to love Deli by the beach...great hot sandwhiches, fries, etc. Prices were a bit up there but it was worth it as a nice lunch treat every so often. When I recently found out "Deli by the beach had recently collaborated with their sister restaurant, Munchies", I made my way to the existing location on Main Street. Nothing that I had ordered before was on their menu. They don't have hoagies anymore and do not have a frier. Very dissapointing especially since they've been marketing themselves of simply having moved to the Munchie location. I will not be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth J

Midwest
“Wedding Soup?”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Lots of delicious offering sat this restaurant. The bowls of soups are large. I ordered a bowl of wedding soup expecting an exceptional homemade lunch. I think it was homemade but it was mostly pasta & chicken broth without the fat skimmed and a couple of meatballs and very little spinach. Missing was chicken and lots of greens. Fat was floating on top of the bowl. It was ok but wouldn't order it again. The other soups and sandwiches delivered looked delicious. Service was slow at lunch time so we went to the counter to pay rather than waiting longer.

• Visited March 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Creamy Ice Cream, Great Deli Sandwiches”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Munchies ice cream is very creamy and full flavored. The deli sandwiches are great. They use Boar's Head meats which are great tasting. The store is owned by a nice couple who strive hard to satisfy their customers.

Visited November 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Freshly Made Desserts and more”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Voted Hilton Head Islands Best New Ice Cream Eatery by HH Monthly Magazine. My fav is cocoanut creme. I call ahead to see if they have any and ask them to save me a couple of pieces. A small but cute Main Street bistro. Great sandwiches...Boars Head, good service even ice cream . Great place for a quick lunch while strolling the great boutiques on Main Street!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tena T
Pennsylvania
“Overpriced, slow, horrible management!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My parents live on HH so they suggested we stop by this place to get sandwiches to take to Pinckney Island. Ran in and left kids in car- it took a half hour to get our food to go. A poor elderly man was seated waiting for a waitress and I saw that he was sitting there the ENTIRE time I was waiting for my food before anyone even greeted him-I felt so badly for him. Between the 2 grown women working there, no one could find the time to take care of this poor man! There were two ladies running this place and the way they were running around you would have thought that 20 people were in there-not two. It took them over 20 minutes to make 2 hot dogs (for which no ketchup/mustard was put in the bag), 2 Paninis (Italian ones-which were not good and they were very bland) and an egg salad sandwich. Food was mediocre, at best. They nickel and dime for everything and I paid 48.00 for 3 sandwiches, 2 hot dogs, 4 pickles and 3 ice teas-what a rip off! They charged me extra for pickles-most delis include pickles with their sandwich. I was furious that I paid and wish I'd walked out before paying and gone to Subway or Panera. Wanted to give them a chance, as I like to support local biz, but I'm still fuming about it. They wouldn't even let me pay until he cashier had received my ticket from the kitchen. I literally felt like going back to the kitchen and making the food myself it took so long. The owner seemed to be a control freak and it slows down the process BIG time. Now I see why their other location in Wexford closed! This owner/manager needs to wake up and realize that they won't be around much longer if they keep up such horrible service, exorbitant prices.

• Visited November 2012