“Lowcountry Goodness!”

Ranked #15 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Authentic Lowcountry Style Cuisine prepared the way it used to be. All homemade, delicious Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomato BLT's, Banana pudding, Seafood, Soups, Salads and sandwiches, just to name a few. Fresh desserts and cakes prepared daily. Dine inside, or outside in a classic, Lowcountry Backyard garden complete with porch swing and flickering lamps. Relax and share food, stories and advice with each other. Definitely, make yourself at home. Welcome!
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We visited A Lowcountry Backyard tonight. The menu had interesting choices. Everyone enjoyed their meal from the Bischick to the Fried Flounder Sandwich to the Shrimp and grits.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I loved this place! The backyard had great homemade games for all to enjoy while waiting for a table. I had a frozen Sangria that was delicious and refreshing on a warm summer evening. Relaxing live entertainment. Food lovingly prepared. The only negative was that it did take a while for our food to arrive. But all in all a great experience for our first meal on Hilton Head!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

On our 2nd visit to 'Lowcountry', we found the food to be as wonderful as it was on our 1st visit to a brunch back in December 2013. We had the Shrimp & Grits and the 'Bischick'. Both were delicious. We will definitely return on our next trip to Hilton Head. A few asides: 1) I wish they took reservations. 2) I had the banana pudding (dessert special) to-go. It was just so-so, and I will skip the calories on my next visit. 3) Ladies -- there is a great little boutique just behind the restaurant called 'Louette'. Don't miss it -- go while you are waiting for your table -- they have some fabulous cute clothes & gifts.

1  Thank pjgator
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

This was our third time visiting LowCountry Backyard. It's a quiet, tucked away spot, but really a gem on HHI. Fantastic shrimp and grits (my favorite on the island) and great crab cakes. The desserts are also amazing.

1  Thank EricRovie
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Such a cute little place. We sat inside both times we went, and got the exact same order both times. My boyfriend and I are not afraid to try new things, but we couldn't resist going back and figured if the meal was good the first time, we might as well have it again! Good service and nice environment. Not sure why they constantly have the weather playing on the TVs, maybe it's a southern thing we just don't get!? I strongly recommend this place for a real good lunch.