We enjoyed our second meal at this restaurant, and it was better than the first. I'd like to offer a few tips to maximize your experience at the Lowcountry Backyard:
1. Be patient! If you don't arrive by 5pm, you will have a little wait. Your wait may be 10 minutes, or if you arrive a little later, it may be an hour or more. It's worth it! This year, the restaurant was offering to send a text message when your table was getting close to being available. This is priceless if you have little ones to entertain (or not-so-little ones) and you want to wait in the car or walk around.
2. Browse the menu ahead of time and let yourself drool. Yes, I said drool. Some of these dishes are so fantastic that you will want to buy two and take one home for the next day.
3. Try something new! They offer cocktails that have moonshine in them, and they are wonderful! When was the last time you had meatloaf made with potato chips? Yum yum yum!
4. Relax! If you are able to score a table outside near the live entertainment, just go with the flow and relax. The wait staff is super efficient, and you will be tempted to pick up your bowl of grits and slurp it until its gone, but I beg you to slow down and savor the environment.
5. Lastly, save room for dessert! I know, this may be tough, especially if you slurp down your shrimp and grits, but the desserts are to die for as well.
At our table of four, we had three helpings of the superb shrimp and grits, and one of the specials - blackened swordfish, overtop of coconut rice, with a pineapple salsa. For dessert, three helpings of banana pudding (served in a big mason jar), and one slice of key lime pie. Mmmm, mmm, mmm.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.