“Unique menu items”

Ranked #14 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Authentic Lowcountry Style Cuisine prepared the way it used to be. All homemade, delicious Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomato BLT's, Banana pudding, Seafood, Soups, Salads and sandwiches, just to name a few. Fresh desserts and cakes prepared daily. Dine inside, or outside in a classic, Lowcountry Backyard garden complete with porch swing and flickering lamps. Relax and share food, stories and advice with each other. Definitely, make yourself at home. Welcome!
michigander
“Unique menu items”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here. The outside dining area wasn't open when we arrived so we had to eat inside. After reading some of the reviews I was kind of surprised how small this was inside. We split a moonshine punch which was yummy. I had the meatloaf with the peach BBQ sauce. I adored the BBQ sauce. My husband had a delicious combination that was very unusual to us. Shrimp and smoked sausage over red rice and blackened mahi mahi. The mahi mahi was a little pricier then I expected but definitely delicious. I loved how they used mason jars in so many creative ways. The waitress was extremely friendly and made us feel like old friends.

• Visited April 2013
LowcountryBackyard, Owner at A Lowcountry Backyard, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Your description of one dish sounds like the Shrimp Purloo. I learned this recipe while I was a teenager and working with one of the Island's most well known shrimping families. They still shrimp today. I still love the purloo! Thanks for dining with us!

East Amherst, New York
“Absolutely wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

had lunch with in-laws after a round of golf and food and service was exceptional. The daily special fried flounder sandwich w/macaroni salad, pulled pork sandwich, and bacon/lettuce/fried green tomatoes w/shrimp salad all were great. Very nice craft beer selection. Service was quick, efficient and friendly. Will definitely visit again, likely for dinner.

• Visited April 2013
My wife will be proud that you enjoy our beer selection. She strives to support the local brewers as much as possible, but we have great options from as far away as Oregon. Dead Guy is one of my favorites. The fried flounder and shrimp BLT salad have been so popular, they will be included permanently on our newest menu which is being printed as we speak. Glad you enjoyed everything! Thank you.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great southern food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch in their outside dining area. Excellent food and a nice atmosphere. The peach BBQ sauce on the meatloaf was a nice touch, but next time I will ask for just brown gravy.
Collards were good but not the best on Hilton Head - need a bit more flavor.
Overall, we liked it and will return.

• Visited April 2013
Thank you for dining with us. Very appreciative of your review and that you found our food excellent. Please come again soon.
Westport, Massachusetts
“A must-eat restaurant”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is one of those little, quiet, funky places that should be enjoyed by every foody. The location is tucked away in a little plaza off 278 and has a nifty little backyard patio with live music. We sat inside, though, because my daughter felt cold. The indoors has very cool ambiance, with color-changing LED lights in the ceiling and nifty decorations.

But you want to know about the food. It's truly excellent. I had the shrimp and grits, which were out-of-this-world. My wife's fried green tomato BLT was top-notch, and my kids (12 and 14) both really enjoyed their meals. We grabbed three desserts to split, all of which were excellent. With that, and a pair of beers, our meal was still around $60. Great food, great ambiance, great value.

• Visited April 2013
We love to hear when our guests have a great time with their families. That is what we always aspire to do each day. Very glad that everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Will definitely be back!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Choose this due to reviews and was not disappointed! Everyone had something different and everyone was very happy. I had the side salad with the tastiest ranch dressing EVER! Would return just for that dressing!! Extremely friendly and attentive staff. Don't miss this place. Check serving times before planning your visit; they close for a short time between lunch and dinner (although this may not be the case during the busy summer season.)

Visited March 2013
I'm going to confess now. I eat the ranch dressing on tortilla chips with my lunch occasionally. It is good, i agree. Good on anything, ha ha. Thanks for the kind review and we hope to see you again in the future.