“Absolutely wonderful experience”

Ranked #15 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Authentic Lowcountry Style Cuisine prepared the way it used to be. All homemade, delicious Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomato BLT's, Banana pudding, Seafood, Soups, Salads and sandwiches, just to name a few. Fresh desserts and cakes prepared daily. Dine inside, or outside in a classic, Lowcountry Backyard garden complete with porch swing and flickering lamps. Relax and share food, stories and advice with each other. Definitely, make yourself at home. Welcome!
Reviewed April 22, 2013

had lunch with in-laws after a round of golf and food and service was exceptional. The daily special fried flounder sandwich w/macaroni salad, pulled pork sandwich, and bacon/lettuce/fried green tomatoes w/shrimp salad all were great. Very nice craft beer selection. Service was quick, efficient and friendly. Will definitely visit again, likely for dinner.

LowcountryBackyard, Owner at A Lowcountry Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

My wife will be proud that you enjoy our beer selection. She strives to support the local brewers as much as possible, but we have great options from as far away as Oregon. Dead Guy is one of my favorites. The fried flounder and shrimp BLT salad have been so popular, they will be included permanently on our newest menu which is being printed as we speak. Glad you enjoyed everything! Thank you.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch in their outside dining area. Excellent food and a nice atmosphere. The peach BBQ sauce on the meatloaf was a nice touch, but next time I will ask for just brown gravy.
Collards were good but not the best on Hilton Head - need a bit more flavor.
Overall, we liked it and will return.

Thank you for dining with us. Very appreciative of your review and that you found our food excellent. Please come again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is one of those little, quiet, funky places that should be enjoyed by every foody. The location is tucked away in a little plaza off 278 and has a nifty little backyard patio with live music. We sat inside, though, because my daughter felt cold. The indoors has very cool ambiance, with color-changing LED lights in the ceiling and nifty decorations.

But you want to know about the food. It's truly excellent. I had the shrimp and grits, which were out-of-this-world. My wife's fried green tomato BLT was top-notch, and my kids (12 and 14) both really enjoyed their meals. We grabbed three desserts to split, all of which were excellent. With that, and a pair of beers, our meal was still around $60. Great food, great ambiance, great value.

We love to hear when our guests have a great time with their families. That is what we always aspire to do each day. Very glad that everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Choose this due to reviews and was not disappointed! Everyone had something different and everyone was very happy. I had the side salad with the tastiest ranch dressing EVER! Would return just for that dressing!! Extremely friendly and attentive staff. Don't miss this place. Check serving times before planning your visit; they close for a short time between lunch and dinner (although this may not be the case during the busy summer season.)

I'm going to confess now. I eat the ranch dressing on tortilla chips with my lunch occasionally. It is good, i agree. Good on anything, ha ha. Thanks for the kind review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a mini honeymoon in HH and try some different things we weren't accustom to in Jersey and the Low County did not dissappoint.From the delicious mason jar filled moon shine drinks to a blacked grouper sandwich and a fried green tomato blt...food and service was great ...a don't miss....p.s. try t he pimento cheese spread and the macaroni salad..real good

My mom will be thrilled that you love her macaroni salad recipe. I never get tired of telling her when a guest comments on it. The pimento cheese is good on a burger too ; ) FYI, for the next time you come! Thanks!