“Everything was Delicious!”

Ranked #24 of 384 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Authentic Lowcountry Style Cuisine prepared the way it used to be. All homemade, delicious Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomato BLT's, Banana pudding, Seafood, Soups, Salads and sandwiches, just to name a few. Fresh desserts and cakes prepared daily. Dine inside, or outside in a classic, Lowcountry Backyard garden complete with porch swing and flickering lamps. Relax and share food, stories and advice with each other. Definitely, make yourself at home. Welcome!
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Friends found the Backyard on TripAdvisor. What a great dinner we had! Everything was prepared exactly right, nothing disappointed. I had the Island Crab Cakes with creamy grits and greens (vegetable of the day). For dessert, we ordered Key Lime Pie and Chocolate Pie and they were both exquisite--a little tart and not overly sweet. Next time this will be the first place we head for, for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,916)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lowcountry backyard restaurant is the best restaurant in Hilton head. My husband had the shrimp and grits that was the best he's ever had; I ordered the GlutenFree meatloaf grits and greens Yum! Then we shared the banana pudding, Wow, was that great. We also had a very knowledgeable and energetic waitress. The atmosphere is cozy and unique and everything is homemade.
Don't forget to try their moonshine especially the peach flavor.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had bean soup, pulled pork sandwich, and mashed potatoes. The food was good. My husband had a blackened shrimp and Mahi Mahi with Alfredo sauce and liked it. The sweet tea was good, the banana pudding was only ok. Small restaurant, doesn't take reservations... If the weather is nice the have a lovely outdoor area to eat. It was about $60 with 2 beers, the meal, and 2 desserts.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. The staff was super friendly, the service was great and the Blackened Mahi was the best I've ever had. I would take them home with me if I could! Go to their website before you go so you can read their story. I was very impressed with how honest they were on their site as well as the sign posted at the entrance about their wait time. You might have a wait during peak hours or when it gets very busy in the spring/summer but it's well worth the wait!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We ate lunch with our extended family at a table in their outdoor courtyard. The restaurant is small with a great "laid back" feel. Food was outstanding. I've never been a fan of fried green tomatoes, but I'll have to admit even I thought theirs were great (we definitely recommend the appetizer). We had a variety of dishes and all were fresh and tasty. I highly recommend the banana pudding for dessert -- made with homemade vanilla wafers!