“Wow again!!”

Hilton Head Boathouse
Ranked #11 of 115 things to do in Hilton Head
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Consistently good food and consistently good service!! When we walked through the front door last night we were greeted by several employees, Andy was his usual friendly outgoing self.

We met our friends at the outside bar for drinks and the bar staff, Meagan and Edwina, were fixing our drinks before we sat down. After drinks, we had dinner. My wife and I are currently on a diet and the food was so good it made me feel guilty, even after we substituted fresh vegetables instead of bread and potatoes.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have eaten around the world and after a very recent rip to Tokyo I have given up on sushi in the United States. Being in Japan opened my eyes to what real fresh fish is and what we don't "almost" ever get here in the states. Well I was so proved wrong when I least expected it. I tried the Skull Creek Boat House by recommendation from colleagues that this was the restaurant for local fresh fish but had no idea what to expect and was skeptical. My server Sara was so educated about the menu I thought she might have gone to culinary school or such so I left the ordering up to her and said show me what the boat house has got to offer. And wow did Sara and the kitchen show me. The Sushi, yes the sushi! was fabulous with exceptional fresh fish, Japan style!!! correctly cooked and seasoned rice and beautiful presentation. Coming from Tokyo I could not believe my eyes. The courses followed a scratch made seafood chowder that was out of this world! and a lightly blackened grouper tacos with a light Latin baja slaw, that tasted as if the jumbo fresh fish fillets were pulled directly from the dock. And the restaurant is on the dock with a incredible view. I was so pleased that I left my ordering in the hands of such a educated kind server that Sara is. The Skull Creek Boat House and Sara go far above and beyond in countless ways that I will most definitely be back soon. Hands down great job to all, kitchen, servers, management. a real Wow experience. Cant wait to go back.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Love the Boathouse restaurant. Food is always fresh and wide variety from Sushi, to raw bar, to sandwiches, and daily specials with local seafood. Service is good and has a nice waterfront view. Prices are reasonable and great place for families and brunch.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a casual restaurant with a large seating area for outdoor dining; wonderful waterfront view. We were there for lunch on a gorgeous fall day and the outdoor seating was almost full. Service was slow, waiter was new & seemed to be overwhelmed. But the food was worth waiting for, and the dogs had a great time. There were some resident kittens who were fun to watch, but one of our dogs tried to chase a cat before we were aware of their presence.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for a rehearsal dinner and they handled a group of 30+ like a breeze. Tables were ready at reservation time, two servers appointed to our group. Drinks and food were prompt. Plenty of room outside for the kids to get up and stretch their legs while the adults lingered with a sand table, hula hoops or sidewalk chalk. Food was beyond what typical beach fare brings with an extensive menu that blows fried beach food out of the water. Within our table we had sushi, steamed clams, fried oysters, bacon wrapped shrimp and the list goes on. EVERYONE was VERY happy with their meal! I would highly recommend this as a dinning choice. Prices were reasonable considering resort town prices.