“Sushi delight!”
Review of Fancy Q Sushi Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Fancy Q Sushi Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Sushi delight!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great, inventive sushi! I was not expecting such a great sushi experience when I walked in, but don't let the hole in the wall appearance deter you. The food is excellent. My wife and I were on Hilton head for 4 nights and we spent two of them here.

The sushi rolls are off the charts good. Really creative, mixing lots of different flavors together. The quality of the fish was great for the price. If you are looking for just off the boat, top top quality sashimi, this is not the place. But for awesome rolls and creative dishes it really is worth going. If we happen to be in the area again I will make the effort to go because it really was that good!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“So much sushi!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love sushi, and I can honestly say that this is the best sushi I have had in a long time! It's worth every penny, the staff is wonderful and so friendly, not to mention the tempura oreos. Those were a surprise and a delightful treat. We left stuffed, happy, and I'd go back in a heartbeat! You will not be disappointed!

West Virginia
“Outstanding Sushi”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

After reading the positive reviews my wife and I decided to try this place while vacationing in Hilton Head. It is located a bit out of the way but it's well worth the extra few minutes drive. We found the place to be clean and the staff were very friendly and attentive. We opted for a seaweed salad, some pot stickers and a some sushi. Everything was very fresh and prepared perfectly. I have to say our total bill was less than what I would expect to pay considering the quality of the food.

If you like sushi I would highly recommend this restaurant.

“Consistently Top Notch”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We always get take-out, since we live 2 miles away and have small children, so my review is more food-oriented and not so much atmosphere.

No matter when I call in our order, it is always ready in 15 minutes and it is correct. The waitstaff always check our order in front of us, and they always give service with a smile.

The sushi is excellent. I have eaten at every Japanese restaurant in the area, and Fancy Q's is consistently made perfectly. The price is quite reasonable too.

The tempura crab leg appetizer is one of my favorite menu items. It is crispy, light, and served with a soy glaze. I could eat it all afternoon.

My filet, like the rest of my meal, is never disappointing. Everything is prepared fresh and cooked perfectly. There is no weak point in my order, unless you call wanting another plate a weak point.

I highly recommend Fancy Q's. I am going to order some right now.

• Visited April 2013
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Nice night out with friends”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a great time with friends at Fancy Q. I ordered the Tuna Tataki and it was amazing! Really enjoyed the fried rice. Because the only seafood I eat is rare or raw tuna I cannot comment on the rest-but my friends really enjoyed it.

• Visited May 2013