“Best Charter Captain on Hilton Head”
Review of Stray Cat Charters

Stray Cat Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Hilton Head SC fishing adventures with Straycat Charters on a 27ft power catamaran. We can hold up to 6 passengers & have 4,6, & 8 hour trips. Dolphin tours & sunset cruises are also available.
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have planned many offshore fishing excursions over the last 8 years and use Capt, Jim exclusively. His expertise always puts us on fish, and he and his mate do all the work. He has a fabulous personality and immediately upon boarding he is one of the group. His knowledge of the water, nature and weather conditions always assures us of a safe trip. If the weather is at all threatening he will not go out, he will reschedule. When we return to the dock at the end of the day Capt. Jim fillets all the fish and places the in bags with ice and sends each member of the party home with wonderful fresh fish.

I have also used Capt Jim for a Dolphin Cruise with my family. We had a fabulous time and the grandchildren loved it when he allowed them to try steering the boat. His personality with adults and children shows that he loves what he does and that is why he is so good.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I've used Captain Jim numerous times over the past seven years. Each trip is unique and I appreciate Jim's knowledge of fishing and the local waters. Catching fish is the order of the day, but you also learn about local wildlife, local food and beverage recommendations, and just what is happening on the island. Each trip is unique, relaxed and a learning experience.
My family and friends always look forward to our "catching" trips with the famous Captain Jim!

David Grandt

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My first trip with Captain Jim was just what I was looking for - a knowledgeable Captain who made the logistics of the trip a breeze (took care of everything, but with an ease that made it seem like he was coming along for fun, not work) and put us on fish. We caught about 6 keepers. The next trip was a dolphin cruise where Captain Jim showed he also has a lot of local knowledge about wildlife. The last trip we went fishing again and while we didn't catch much, I could tell Jim was really doing his best to find fish while still keeping us safe and comfortable (the weather wasn't cooperating). I'd definitely try again.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Spent 7 hours on the ocean for 6 fish, none of which were legal. Finally catch a neat shark to watch his mate snap the line before a picture can be taken.....Pathetic...

captjimstraycat, Owner at Stray Cat Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

We try to make dreams come true on every fishing trip, unfortunately the fish and weather don't always cooperate. We are also required to follow federal laws and regulations on size limits and fish we catch. Some fish we are not allowed to keep, we can only catch and release them back into the water.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was a Dolphin Cruise and we all enjoyed it thoroughly. Captain Jim knows where to find the Dolphin and tells you all about them (like some stay year around and some migrate South for the Winter). I am looking forward to going out with him again.

1  Thank islandloves