“Consistently outstanding fishing experiences!”

Off The Hook Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come fish the beautiful inshore waters of the Lowcountry with Captain Brian Vaughn or his team of Co-Captain's with over 30 years combined experience guiding inshore, offshore, light tackle and fly fishing charters. You will be fishing on a brand new Egret flats boat or one of his two 22ft. Pathfinder bay boats that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. These boats are equipped with only the finest fly, spin and conventional fishing tackle. Sight fish for redfish year round on the beautiful flats and estuaries of Hilton Head & Beaufort. Target other species including tarpon, cobia, sharks, spanish mackerel, speckled trout and many more on a seasonal basis. During your charter you will also get to view dolphins and many other species of wildlife. Whether you're a beginner or an expert let us take you or your family fishing and share our wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. We are very dedicated to making every trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for our clients. STOP WISHING and GO FISHING with OFF THE HOOK FISHING CHARTERS and experience one of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing guide services in South Carolina! Please visit our website for booking and any other information
GA
3 attraction reviews
“Consistently outstanding fishing experiences!”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My wife and I have taken around 10 trips with Brian at Off the Hook Charters, and each time has been a great day on the water. I book guided fishing trips quite frequently and in many different locations, and Brian is definitely among the best I've fished with.

His dedication, professionalism, knowledge and passion are clearly visible on each trip, whether it's getting bait or choosing the target species for the day. The boat is immaculately maintained and the equipment is of very high quality. While the casual fisherman may not recognize the benefits, the more serious fisherman will appreciate this. Not only that, but Brian's a pleasure to spend time in the boat with.

Off the Hook Charters can also taylor the trip to whatever you'd like to catch. In the trips I've taken, we've targetted and caught redfish, trout, black drum, ladyfish, sheepshead, spanish mackeral, king mackeral, bull reds, tarpon, cobia and half a dozen species of sharks. This versatility allows Brian to be able to react to the conditions of the day and make the needed adjustments to put clients on the fish. Mother Nature doesn't always cooperated, so it's reassuring knowing that Brian has a backup plan of action.

Communication leading up to the trip is also very good. I've had multiple experiences with other guides where it seems to take an act of Congress to get them to take your phone call or reply to your e-mail, but this is not the case with Off the Hook. Working out the details is always a quick and easy process

For anyone looking to take a guided fishing trip on Hilton Head Island at any time of year, I enthusiastically recommend Off the Hook Charters. I've never been disappointed yet!

Portsmouth, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Trip!”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We had a great time with Capt. Brian. The boat is awesome. He is extremely knowledgeable of the area being raised on the island and chartering for a long time. He taught me alot about site fishing for redfish...knowledge that I will retain for future trips, the action is very exciting. We had the wife and 2 daughters along and did great. I highly recommend Brian. We'll book him again next year!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always an enjoyable trip with Brian!”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I have been going to Hilton Head for 20+ years now and have been on several different offshore fishing trips. I met Brian about 10 years ago and have stayed in touch with him since. Every time I come down South I book a trip with Brian. Brian is one of the best offshore fishing charters in Hilton Head. He is very hands on with his clients, knowledgeable about the sport, and an absolute joy for people of any age. I recommend Brian and that is why I keep coming back!

Godfrey, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome fishing experience!”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We had a fabulous trip this past week. We are novice fishermen (my 9 y/o son was also with us), but Captain Brian had us up to speed in no time. He got us right into an area that was full of activity. We caught several Bonnethead sharks, Black Tip sharks and Ladyfish. Brian's new boat made it easy for us to move around once we had hooked a fish.

Captain Brian is a native of Hilton Head Island. He knows its history. He has fished these waters for over thirty years. This is his home and his waters. On top of all that, he is a really nice guy and extremely organized.

We are coming back next year and will definitely be chartering Captain Brian.

Rob Hasse
Godfrey, IL

Richmond, Virginia
“Fantastic sight fishing for Redfish”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Great equipment and numerous shots at tailing fish. Captain Brian was knowledgeable and pleasant.