“Always an enjoyable trip with Brian!”

Off The Hook Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come fish the beautiful inshore waters of the Lowcountry with Captain Brian Vaughn or his team of Co-Captain's with over 30 years combined experience guiding inshore, offshore, light tackle and fly fishing charters. You will be fishing on a brand new Egret flats boat or one of his two 22ft. Pathfinder bay boats that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. These boats are equipped with only the finest fly, spin and conventional fishing tackle. Sight fish for redfish year round on the beautiful flats and estuaries of Hilton Head & Beaufort. Target other species including tarpon, cobia, sharks, spanish mackerel, speckled trout and many more on a seasonal basis. During your charter you will also get to view dolphins and many other species of wildlife. Whether you're a beginner or an expert let us take you or your family fishing and share our wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. We are very dedicated to making every trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for our clients. STOP WISHING and GO FISHING with OFF THE HOOK FISHING CHARTERS and experience one of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing guide services in South Carolina! Please visit our website for booking and any other information
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always an enjoyable trip with Brian!”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I have been going to Hilton Head for 20+ years now and have been on several different offshore fishing trips. I met Brian about 10 years ago and have stayed in touch with him since. Every time I come down South I book a trip with Brian. Brian is one of the best offshore fishing charters in Hilton Head. He is very hands on with his clients, knowledgeable about the sport, and an absolute joy for people of any age. I recommend Brian and that is why I keep coming back!

Godfrey, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome fishing experience!”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We had a fabulous trip this past week. We are novice fishermen (my 9 y/o son was also with us), but Captain Brian had us up to speed in no time. He got us right into an area that was full of activity. We caught several Bonnethead sharks, Black Tip sharks and Ladyfish. Brian's new boat made it easy for us to move around once we had hooked a fish.

Captain Brian is a native of Hilton Head Island. He knows its history. He has fished these waters for over thirty years. This is his home and his waters. On top of all that, he is a really nice guy and extremely organized.

We are coming back next year and will definitely be chartering Captain Brian.

Rob Hasse
Godfrey, IL

Richmond, Virginia
“Fantastic sight fishing for Redfish”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Great equipment and numerous shots at tailing fish. Captain Brian was knowledgeable and pleasant.

Atlanta
“Best Redfish fishing we've ever had!!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My son and I fish all the time in metro Atlanta, but only get out once a year on salt water. We've been on several charters with only moderate success so we decided to try something different with Brian and Off the Hook. We hoped that a guide with extensive local experience and a focus on fishing the flats would result in more success and fun than the typical 30-45 min ride offshore. We couldn't have been happier with the day.

After a few minutes to get introduced, we were on our way and arrived at our first stop in about 15 minutes. Brian has a wealth of knowledge of fish movement patterns, tides and how they interact at different times of day. In our first 20 minutes we landed 4 nice reds. My son was thrilled to land his first one and couldn't wait to get his hands on another. Over two hours we transitioned to catching black tip and bonnet head sharks in increasing sizes up to about 15-18 lbs. For an eight year old shark fan, nothing could be more fun and exciting than bringing in a 32" long shark on light tackle. My son's arms were worn out, but he was grinning all the way around!

Realizing that the Reds had moved on, Brian pulled anchor and took us to another spot that he expected to be picking up around this time of day. We were there about 15 minutes and landed our biggest red of the day - around 8 lbs. We were on fire for the next 20 minutes with things wrapping up with my son and I both bringing in 10+ lb reds at the same time. What a way to wrap up the trip!

This was hands down the best trip my son and I've taken and the best 4 hours of fishing hands down. We ended up catching 10 reds and around 8 sharks.

A few notes about Brian and his boat. Brian is very knowledgeable of fishing in the area and did a great job tailoring the trip to our desires. A short phone call and email describing our experience and desired trip resulted in a very enjoyable afternoon. His boat is immaculate and easily accomodates 1-2 adults and a couple of children. All his gear was ready and we spent our time fishing, not fiddling with equipment or trolling around for bait...

My son and I had the best trip you can imagine and can't wait to get back to land a tarpon next time. Thanks for the great experience Brian!

Pittsburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the Best Hilton Head Fishing Guides -- A+”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My sons and I had an awesome trip with native Hilton Head Island fishing guide Captain Brian Vaughn. We have been on over 15 Hilton Head charter fishing trips with nearly as many guides and found Brian to be one of the best guides on the island for inshore/near shore fishing. He is very knowledgeable about the local waters and knows about off-the-beaten path productive fishing waters.

My 12-year old son had the absolute thrill of a lifetime reeling in a 130 - 140 pound Tarpon (see the picture on Captain Vaughn's website at offthehookcharters.com under the Captain's Blog for 7/23 - 7/25). We also caught several sharks and a huge Jack. Brian knew the spot to go to for the Tarpon and there was not another boat to be seen in the area -- only a few of the native guides know these types of spots and keep them closely guarded.

I will definitely use Brian again for next year's trip and recommend him to you if you are planning an inshore/near shore fishing trip.

2 Thank BobPittsburgh20