“"A Double! Captain Brian with a cobia & my jack cravall"”

Off The Hook Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come fish the beautiful inshore waters of the Lowcountry with Captain Brian Vaughn or his team of Co-Captain's with over 30 years combined experience guiding inshore, offshore, light tackle and fly fishing charters. You will be fishing on a brand new Egret flats boat or one of his two 22ft. Pathfinder bay boats that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. These boats are equipped with only the finest fly, spin and conventional fishing tackle. Sight fish for redfish year round on the beautiful flats and estuaries of Hilton Head & Beaufort. Target other species including tarpon, cobia, sharks, spanish mackerel, speckled trout and many more on a seasonal basis. During your charter you will also get to view dolphins and many other species of wildlife. Whether you're a beginner or an expert let us take you or your family fishing and share our wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. We are very dedicated to making every trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for our clients. STOP WISHING and GO FISHING with OFF THE HOOK FISHING CHARTERS and experience one of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing guide services in South Carolina! Please visit our website for booking and any other information
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have fished with Captain Brian over the last several years and have always had a great time. I have fished with my family and Brian has always been patient with those of my family who haven't fished a lot. He's always professional and enthusiastic! He knows the area very well has given us the opportunity to catch fish and enjoy the experience! We will be back next year!

OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

What a memorable trip we had! For sure one of my rarest double header hook ups of all time with your monster jack and the cobia sight fishing on he surface. As always a pleasure to fish with you and your wife and I look forward to next year.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been on several charter fishing trips off of Hilton Head and Brian is on the top of my list! He is very professional, organized, and knows the waters very well! We got our handful of sharks and also a nice size Redfish and Jack Cervale! My father and brother were on the trip as well and thoroughly joyed it.

Great to fish with you and your family and I hope to get you all back again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Captain Brian is very professional to deal with. I emailed him about a month before our trip and he promptly emailed me back with directions, what to expect, etc. We talked on the phone a bit about fishing a day later.

May 12 - Our first day ever on the east coast and our first day fishing the atlantic. Clear sky and low humidity - a perfect day for fishing. Brian picked us up on time and wasted no time getting out to a spot that he had said was catching Cobia's by his other boat. A short time later, we were at the spot and ready. Not even 5 minutes with our lines wet, my oldest son (12) caught a 25Lb Cobia. What an experience to see!! My son was so tired but pumped up with adrenaline! We went on to catch over 7 bay sharks of various sizes. My youngest (9) caught the most bay sharks out all of us and he was so excited. After the tide slowed down, we moved to one other spot closer to the marina. Didn't catch a fish but we did get to see Brian's good friend - a dolphin!! The kids almost got to pet him too! Brian filleted the Cobia fish and even gave us a sample of a Spanish Mackel he caught earlier that day. We grilled them about 4 hours later...just enough for a family of four to have a full meal. Great stuff!!

Overall - I recommend Off the Hook for anyone that loves the ocean and fishing. Good times and Cheers to Brian for memorable trip.

Regards,
Lagro Family - Shakopee, MN

OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

It was great to make a memorable first east coast fishing trip for you and your family. I love taking great families like yours out and look forward to hopefully fishing with you again next you are visiting Hilton Head Island.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you're going to Hilton Head and want to go fishing, look no further. Went out with Cory today and man, what a trip. Tons of action all day. Never a dull moment. Great hospitality. Couldn't be happier with the value of this 4 hour trip and next time I plan charter with Off the Hook for the full day. Save yourself the time and energy and just book with these guys. Highlight of my vacation!

1  Thank Michael G

Great going catching that big cobia and thanks for you great comments and we look forward to fishing with you again!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was my first trip fishing on the East Coast. Boy, did I ever hit a homerun choosing Off the Hook Charters!!! How does the nursery rhyme go, one Fish two Fish big freaking redfish, oh ya, and a 5 1/2 foot BLACKTIP shark!!!! Good times!!! Capt. Corey was AWESOME!!!

Glad you guys had a great trip with Captain Cory. He does a great job helping me out with my business.

Hope that we can get you back out next time you are visiting Hilton Head.