“Late October Fishing Trip”

Off The Hook Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come fish the beautiful inshore waters of the Lowcountry with Captain Brian Vaughn or his team of Co-Captain's with over 30 years combined experience guiding inshore, offshore, light tackle and fly fishing charters. You will be fishing on a brand new Egret flats boat or one of his two 22ft. Pathfinder bay boats that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. These boats are equipped with only the finest fly, spin and conventional fishing tackle. Sight fish for redfish year round on the beautiful flats and estuaries of Hilton Head & Beaufort. Target other species including tarpon, cobia, sharks, spanish mackerel, speckled trout and many more on a seasonal basis. During your charter you will also get to view dolphins and many other species of wildlife. Whether you're a beginner or an expert let us take you or your family fishing and share our wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. We are very dedicated to making every trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for our clients. STOP WISHING and GO FISHING with OFF THE HOOK FISHING CHARTERS and experience one of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing guide services in South Carolina! Please visit our website for booking and any other information
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Awesome trip. I have been fishing in Hawaii, South Florida, and all over the coast and the best trip I ever went on was a few years ago with Brian, until this trip on October 30th. Wow, about the time my arms rested up from one fish, we had another one on the line. I lost track of how many we caught. We were getting them on top water to start and then went out for some big red. The previous trip we caught a few on the fly rod. Hilton Head is great fishing, but Brian makes it an unforgettable experience.

OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

It was very nice to fish with you again and change things up from our last great fishing trip.
The fishing this time was as good as it gets here in Hilton Head for sure! I look forward to fishing with you again next time you are here visiting.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I were on the morning fishing trip today with Captain Brian and just like the other 5 times I have fished with him, we had an awesome day! I can't believe anyone in the area knows the local waters like Brian. He is excellent with beginning and experienced fishermen. My wife and I each caught two huge redfish... The four biggest we have ever caught! In addition we caught 5 sharks, with the biggest being about 5 ft long. The highlight of the day was my wife having to give a fish being photographed a bear hug as it wanted back in the water... And got it's wish.

OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Great fishing with you and your wife again!
The pictures turned our awesome and I look forward to fishing with you again next year!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Captain Brian represents the best of Hilton Head. He provides a clean, comfortable workspace and ensures that the client is well taken care of.

Captain Brian took us straight to the fish without wasted effort. And the bull redfish would not let up. They worked our tackle, as well as our arms, to the max.

These fish don't stay for very long but provide some of the best action of the year. Captain Brian's experience and sharp instincts allowed us to put these great-looking fish in the boat, savor the experience, and release them unharmed-- what a sight!

A fine day indeed

What a great day on the water and that was some epic bull red fishing for sure!
Nice fishing with you again and I look forward to our next excursion.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sorry to post a bad experience but we booked a 4 hour trip. 45 minutes prior to the start time we received a call from the captain stating he wouldnt be able to do the whole 4 hours because he hurt his back. We agreed that would be ok. Then he called back ~10 minutes later and backed out of the trip. Now I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he hurt his back on a morning trip but it was completely unacceptable that he did not take the time to call around through his many contacts and find us a replacement. We did find a replacement who was excellent. He told us that he has sent off the hook many referrals when he was booked.

4  Thank Kim R
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

First of all this is the first terrible rated review of my business. Accidents happen and most people are understanding of that. The captain that runs trips for me hurt his back earlier that morning and obviously when he called the first time he thought he may have been able to still get you out for a few hours and then realized it would be to much for his back to handle for 3 hours. He was very apologetic when he called to cancel and he DID recommend another guide for you to contact to go out with and I am glad it worked our for you. I am just speechless why you had to post this review and not been more understanding that accidents happen and people get hurt.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My son and I had a great morning with Capt. Vaughn. We started out catching trout, the top water action was exciting! After an hour of trout, we decided to look for red fish. In a short time, Brian had us over a large school. We were able to catch half a dozen nice sized reds. I am a return customer and find Brian to be hard working and knowledgeable. He never fails to find fish.

OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Very nice to meet and fish with you and your son and we had awesome day for sure. I look forward to fishing with you again next time you are visiting Hilton Head Island.