“Lost time finding bait”

Off The Hook Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come fish the beautiful inshore waters of the Lowcountry with Captain Brian Vaughn or his team of Co-Captain's with over 30 years combined experience guiding inshore, offshore, light tackle and fly fishing charters. You will be fishing on a brand new Egret flats boat or one of his two 22ft. Pathfinder bay boats that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. These boats are equipped with only the finest fly, spin and conventional fishing tackle. Sight fish for redfish year round on the beautiful flats and estuaries of Hilton Head & Beaufort. Target other species including tarpon, cobia, sharks, spanish mackerel, speckled trout and many more on a seasonal basis. During your charter you will also get to view dolphins and many other species of wildlife. Whether you're a beginner or an expert let us take you or your family fishing and share our wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. We are very dedicated to making every trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for our clients. STOP WISHING and GO FISHING with OFF THE HOOK FISHING CHARTERS and experience one of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing guide services in South Carolina! Please visit our website for booking and any other information
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lost time finding bait”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My boys and I booked a trip with Off The Hook Charters for 7/18 /2013. While our trip was not as productive as we had hoped, I cannot find fault with captain Cory. My only complaint is that our first hour was spent finding bait for our fishing excursion. My expectations were that we would board our charter, head out and be ready to fish. We actually spent three hours fishing when we paid for four hours. I just believe this is something that could be improved upon.

2 Thank Jerry F
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Unfortunately finding baitfish can be very difficult at times and I too and all of the other charters boats that day had a hard time finding the baitfish the morning of 7/18. The routine for all morning trips is to look and catch fresh bait and most time it is easy but sometimes due to weather and conditions it may be hard.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not just fishing - just a great time”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my first charter fishing experience, taking my family of 4 out with Brian. It was simply a great time. Not only did we pull in rays & sharks, but had some tremendous battles that didn't turn our way .. which is no fault of Brian's. We enjoyed not only the fishing, but the impromptu dolphin watches we experienced on both our way out to the fishing grounds, and way back to the dock. And having grown up in the area, Brian knows enough to make any conversation about local sites interesting. As I've seen on other reviews, the boat was as cleaner than any I've seen, including my own. And the equipment was top notch. Brian did all the work, while we had a ton of fun. It would have been difficult to be any better and my family all agrees this was the highlight of our 2.5 week vacation.

Visited June 2013
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
So glad you all had a great time and our trip was a highlight of your stay in Hilton Head.

I Hope to fish with you all again next year!

Thanks,

Atlanta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great day on the water!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a fabulous time we had with Captain Brian yesterday! From reading all the reviews, we had high hopes for our trip and were not disappointed. First, we saw many dolphins (including a mother and baby who swam right up to our boat) on our way to and from the fishing spots. Our two teenage boys loved catching hammerhead sharks, black tip sharks, sand sharks and an elusive redfish! Twice, they had what Captain Brian called a "double header" - meaning both boys had catches going at the same time! We went to some obscure places to cast and never waited more than a couple of minutes for some fish action. Captain Brian really knew where to go. As a native HHI guy, he knew all about the island and its history and answered all of our crazy questions about fishing. Would HIGHLY recommend planning your vacation around Off the Hook . Can't imagine another fishing charter being this awesome!

Visited July 2013
Great fishing with you all and I look forward to getting back out for some more fun next time you are back to Hilton Head!

Thanks!

Kokomo, Indiana, United States
“Awesome July Day of Fishing HHI!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Knowing that my family had a vacation plan for Hilton Head Island, I wanted to take my 9 and 10 year old boy salt water fishing for the first time. I searched the web reading various reviews of charters in the Hilton Head area. After reading the many positive reviews of "Off the Hook Charters", I ended up booking Capt. Brian Vaughn of "Off the Hook Charters". I can tell you we had an awesome time! Brian was very patient with both of my boys who did not have any experience salt water fishing. We caught 12 to 15 sharks consisting of black tip reef to hammer heads as well as 2 sting rays one of which was about 2.5 feet in width. Talk about a fight, those things put on a battle!!! On the way back to shore, we received a free show from Nicky the Dolphin who followed us for 5 minutes or so and I mean right next to the boat. The kids loved it....
I plan to book next seasons trip with Brian again. I highly recommend him, he very courteous and professional at all times!

Brian, thanks for an awesome time! See you next summer.....

Ted, Julie, AJ, Alexander.

Visited July 2013
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I am so glad your sons had a awesome first experience and I look forward to seeing you all again next summer!

Thanks!

Capt. Brian
Denver, Colorado
“intercoastal guided fishing”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

we had a very enjoyable time fishing with brian, he had a clean boat and first rate gear. the conditions weren't great for red fish, so we settled for some shark fishing. the kids had fun with black tip and bonnet head on light gear.

Visited July 2013
Glad the kids had fun and hopefully if we get a chance to fish again we will have better conditions to target some redfish next time.

Thanks again!