“An awesome fishing experience.”

Off The Hook Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come fish the beautiful inshore waters of the Lowcountry with Captain Brian Vaughn or his team of Co-Captain's with over 30 years combined experience guiding inshore, offshore, light tackle and fly fishing charters. You will be fishing on a brand new Egret flats boat or one of his two 22ft. Pathfinder bay boats that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. These boats are equipped with only the finest fly, spin and conventional fishing tackle. Sight fish for redfish year round on the beautiful flats and estuaries of Hilton Head & Beaufort. Target other species including tarpon, cobia, sharks, spanish mackerel, speckled trout and many more on a seasonal basis. During your charter you will also get to view dolphins and many other species of wildlife. Whether you're a beginner or an expert let us take you or your family fishing and share our wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. We are very dedicated to making every trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for our clients. STOP WISHING and GO FISHING with OFF THE HOOK FISHING CHARTERS and experience one of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing guide services in South Carolina! Please visit our website for booking and any other information
Reviewed March 26, 2011

On Friday morning, my wife and I went fishing with Brian. My wife was a little apprehensive, having never been on a fishing trip like this. Within 10 minutes, she caught the biggest redfish of the trip. Brian made her feel very comfortable... and even got her to hold the fish for the picture. Brian was great working with me, explaining his approach to catching redfish. This trip was the highlight of our vacation and I am planning another fishing trip with Brian in August with my two sons .

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Wonderful morning fishing with the kids-thanks Brian

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Fishing was a little difficult due to tides from "Super Moon". Capt Brian still managed to find fish. Had a great time and would recommend Capt Brian for anglers of all skill levels. The one redfish we kept tasted great when we took it to Crazy Crab to be blackened, perfect ending to a perfect day. Hope to fish for Cobia with Capt Brian in May.

Rick D. 3/19/2011

Reviewed March 11, 2011

The day started very windy and we weren't even sure we should go out, but it was my last day in Hilton Head so off we went. In a half day, in the afternoon, Brian put me on plenty of red fish. As a dedicated fly fisher from Colorado I thought the wind could make it tough but Brian was able to find fish so that the wind was at my back most of the time. All in all, this was one of the best fly fishing trips I've been on and I've been on plenty!

We didn't count fish, but I caught at least 15 Reds in four hours. Pretty good guide, I'd say! Without reservation, I recommend a trip with Brian anytime. By the way, he has a fabulous boat too!

By the way, just 200 miles north of Hilton Head I was told the water was too cold for reds and too not waste my money. Hmmm... Book a trip with Brian, he'll find 'em!

Reviewed March 1, 2011

Captain Brian Vaughn really knows his stuff. I've been with many guides and this was the best inshore fishing day I have had - over 47 reds with most of them in the 7 to 12 pound range. My father-in-law and I had the trip of a lifetime and would go again if we are in the area. Brian gets my highest recommendation.

-Fred Monroe, Charlotte, NC