“An open letter to Stinky Pete”

Pirates of Hilton Head
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Hilton Heads Pirate Ship Adventure on the Black...
More attraction details
Owner description: Bring your little pirate aboard the Black Dagger and set sail on the pirate cruise of their dreams! From Beginning to end the action is non-stop as we transform the kids into our Pirate Crew. The adventure starts at the dock where each little mate gets to put on some pirate gear and learns to talk like a pirate. Once they’ve sworn their allegiance to the boat they are officially part of the Crew and get to join us in the hunt for loot. We’ve got a map that leads to a sunken treasure chest, but Stinky Pete knows about it too and he stole the key. The race is on to find Stinky Pete, and get the key back before he can steal the treasure for himself. Once we find him our new Crew is going to have to man the water cannons, and blast the stink right off of Pete until he gives us the key!Fortunately, at Pirates of Hilton Head, we always beat Stinky Pete and every little pirate always gets a handful of the loot. We celebrate the victory with some music and dancing before heading back to port. All told it’s about an hour and a half of fun including the time on the dock. Please show up at least 20 minutes early to get your pirate name and a tattoo!We look forward to having you aboard. This is one adventure they’ll never forget!
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Dear Peter,
It was with great sadness, dismay and disappointment that I foud out they you were back to your old ways. After the beating you received at the hands of my children in 2013 I was sure that you had learned your lesson and would not partake in your dastardly ways. I expected more from you Peter. Much more.
Fast forward to 2014. Through the grapevine I have acquired in this last three years as a very part time resident of HHI, I learned that once again you stole treasure and were attempting to make it into the open seas with said loot. Shame on you!!!! Won't you EVER learn?
Luckily my son and daughter were there (along with 20 other kids) to give you a thrashing and recover the stolen booty. This time I expect you learned your lesson and will walk the straight and narrow of goodnes and harmony instead of the crooked and wide of darkness and despair. We hope you will take our advice and become a good citizen. If you don't, rest assured that my kids WILL be there to stop your evil doing. You've been warned. Oh, and take a bath. There is a new thing out there called "soap," try it.
Joking aside, if you have kids under 10 you really should do this if you have enough money in your budget. It is fun and your kids will remember it forever.
Couple of hints, bring water, it gets hot there. Come early so you kids can get makeup and tattoos. If your budget allows buy the swords for your kids. There were a couple of kids without swords and they looked out of place without them. Last year my kids were on the first wave that fought Pete. This year they were on the second wave and the second group is the group that actually gets Pete in the water. Definetley more fun when your kid believes it was his shot that finally got Pete. Maybe a well placed bribe to Shipwreck will get your kid on the second group. (Not saying it would work but worth a try.)
One thing I would change: The crew breaks character at the end. Personally I would prefer they keep kayfabe and let the kids have the illusion that what they did was at least somewhat real. I don't know, it feels like Santa taking of his beard after seeing your kids and saying, "I'm Joe Smith, not Santa."

1  Thank John P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"whole family"
in 64 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My 4 year old grandson loved the Black Dagger and has not stopped talking about Stinky Pete. Excellent adventure for younger children.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We took our grand babies on the pirate cruise ages 12,8,6 and what a wonderful time they had!! We are back home and they are still talking about it!!! The 6 year old want to come back next year! He really enjoyed Crazy Pete!! Thank you for making our vacation a blast with our grandbabies!!! We try to vacation with them once a year, this make the 3rd year we have vacation with them and we must say this one was a great one!!! The Meeks Family

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My 5 year old grandson & I both loved our adventure on the Black Dagger. Scallop & Shipwreck were so animated & involved all the children in an "intense" hunt for the treasure. Lots of laugh! Kids were directly in the sun, so lather up & wear hats. But, adults sat comfortably in the shaded seats & enjoyed the show. I would highly recommend this attraction for all children between ages 4 and 10.