“Not the Best”
Review of Parasail Hilton Head - MOVED

Parasail Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Hilton Head Island's premiere Parasail operation! Located in beautiful Shelter Cove Harbour, across the street from Palmetto Dunes Resort and next to Disney Resort. Leave your worries at home, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Parasailing is so easy a 91 year old with a walker did it! There is no running and jumping like the old days, stand up, sit down and float away! Take off and landings right from the boat. Stay dry or get wet. LIFE IS SHORT, TAKE IN THE VIEW!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Arnold, Maryland
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Not the Best”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

First of all, it's way overpriced, but then again, every place here is expensive. When I made the reservation I made sure that I asked to pay in cash at the location, which the woman on the phone told me was fine, and took my credit card information for reservation purposes only. However, at the end of the trip, the young captain acted as though it was a major inconvenience to take the cash, despite the generous tip. We also paid the $30 for the 100 photos and the sd card that they came on that the guys would take while we were parasailing. Unfortunately, the photos were mainly completely zoomed out and they are definitely not worth the $30. I would suggest paying the extra money for a ride-along person if you have a good digital camera and have them take the photos. The actual parasailing itself was great! It was fun and exciting with many great views, although, even though we were the only three on the boat, we weren't up in the air very long, and they told us it would have been even shorter if we split ourselves up. It seemed excessively short for the amount of money we spent. The guys just seemed completely uninterested in interacting with us. We had to go out of our way to interact and chat with them. I was very unimpressed with their professionalism, once again, especially because of the high price they charge. Also, the location of the takeoff place is difficult to find, and they are not helpful at all with directions. I probably won't ever go parasailing again, though I'm glad I did it, and I most definitely wouldn't bother with this company again.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Kaitlin S

Waxhaw, North Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“I fell!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked a trip for myself, two teenage sons, my BIL and my father as an observer.

I was flying with one of the boys, but at takeoff when my weight shifted forward, my harness opened up and I was dumped into the ocean from a height. (The crew told me that there's no way that should happen as many people purposefully do flips in the air.) It is unclear if the harness failed or if the crew member did not secure it properly. Luckily this happened at takeoff so we were not too high and the pain and subsequent soreness seemed like a horrible belly flop rather than the horrific injury it might have been had I first shifted forward after we had ascended!

I was understandably shaken and hurting and did not fly again. The captain apparently felt that it was safe for the remaining passengers to keep flying, but I would think someone responsible might be concerned about the safety of continuing without an answer to why this incident occurred in the first place, especially using minor children as guinea pigs. Unbelievable. (And yes, my wife made it clear that every last man on that boat was a moron for thinking that it was OK to let the boys keep flying.)

My two teenagers responded to the question, "Did you have fun?" with, "Yeah, but did you hear about Dad? That was scary."

(I gave two stars because although this was horrific from Mom's POV, the office was good to book with, and the guys on the boat were nice.)

Matt W, Owner at Parasail Hilton Head, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
The only possible way someone parasailing could come out of the harness is if they did a front roll and intentionally inverted themselves.

All passengers are given detailed instructions on how to maintain a seated posture during the entire parasail flight.

The crew makes sure all passengers are in a seated position prior to take off. After take off, it is out of our control if a passenger decides to shift or roll forward in the harness.
The fact that some passengers choose not to follow our instruction is also beyond our control.

The captain's quick thinking and reaction should be commended and he should be given credit for responding by lowering the passenger to the water when he realized the passenger had shifted in the harness.

This review should be a reminder to anyone who decides to go parasailing to LISTEN CAREFULLY TO THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU ARE GIVEN BY THE CREW.

Life is Short, Take in the View!
peoria, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“not the highlight of our trip”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It started out with me calling 1.5 hours before arrival because it was raining and I wanted to know what their weather policy was, he said he was looking at radar and we were scheduled to go on as planned. We get there and they cancelled our reservation, and brought up (in front of my teens) the accident that happened in Florida which I had purposely NOT told my teenagers about. they rebooked us for 2 hours later. two hours later it was still raining, the two that operated the boat just put out a vibe that they didnt really want to go out, and it really felt like that the whole time. They talked between themeselves about how the other company took the day off and it just felt very unprofessional. The actual parasailing experience was good, but the rest was not that great. Next time we will go somewhere else.

1 Thank glittergrl71
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very good experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My daughter and her friend (both 12 year olds) recently parasailed with this company in Hilton Head Island. I didn't call to schedule the excursion until the week we arrived, so unfortunately, I was not able to go, too, as they only had room for two. So, if you're planning on doing this during a busy season (we were there during one of their busiest times), you might consider calling at least a week in advance.

The two men who run the operation were extremely professional, clean-cut men. I felt very comfortable allowing my charges to go!

My daughter didn't think it was super exciting, but she was comparing to our zip-lining experience at 500' above a river in Mexico! But they did have fun!

Overall, I would highly recommend this company and the excursion. Plus, if anyone in your party chooses not to go, there are wonderful restaurants and pretty shops at the drop off, as it's located right on Shelter Cove Marina.

1 Thank Wendy L
Atlanta
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great for part of our group, wind stopped the trip.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ok, these guys were really nice and my daughter and husband got to parasail for a few minutes. However the wind picked up and they had to come in and we had to return without the rest of our group getting to parasail. Unfortunately they were booked and we couldn't reschedule during our trip. I felt bad for my oldest daughter who spent the long boat ride out and then never got to parasail. I understand that safety is most important, but wish that we would've gotten some sort of discount for part of the group not being able to parasail. I guess we will try again next year.