“Best reuben sandwich and more!”
Review of British Open Pub

British Open Pub
Ranked #41 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, British, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family friendly pub style restaurants featuring authentic English food with additional American favorites and certified Angus beef. Taste the finest ales and single malt scotches produced in England, Ireland and Scotland. Come surround yourself with authentic British Open Pub golf memorabilia and let our family take care of yours! Blarney is invited, singing encouraged and good humor admired!
Buffalo, New York
“Best reuben sandwich and more!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I stopped by for an early lunch before departing Hilton Head. The bartender, Joe McGurk, went out of his way to make everything perfect. Not only were the sandwiches great, but Joe is probably one of the friendliest people ever! We had a great lunch and will definitely be back on our next trip to Hilton Head.

• Visited April 2014

Newark, New Jersey
“Petit Filets!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice now for my meat fix. The petit filet is delicious and perfectly cooked. I also like that the salad dressing comes on the side. Place is busy but everthing runs pretty smoothly considering. The Guinness was delish this last visit. My one complaint this last visit would be the waitress asking me if I wanted dessert before I finished my dinner.

• Visited April 2014
“Excellent Shepard's Pie!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This was a great stop when hitting Hilton Head on a day trip from Savannah. The pub food was very good. I had the Shepard's Pie and it was phenomenal. I'd definitely stop again when I have a chance!

HILTON HEAD
“Greasy Fish and Chips”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The fish and chips were always a favorite here. Went to the Pub about two weeks ago for dinner and the coating on the fish overwhelmed the meager fish. Oil dripped off the when you picked it up. Tried again yesterday for lunch to see whether the previous visit was fluke. Same thing. No longer the nice piece of tasty fish, it was thin fish mostly coating and extremely greasy. The onion rings were hard as a rock. Service was great, though.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mozart1947
homeisiowa
“Daisy”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Y'all wanna know why Tuesday is my favorite day of the week? I can tell ya in two words..... RIB NIGHT!
So, I've already told y'all that I love the ribs, however, they have the best fish-n-chips too!
Everyone I take or send to British Open Pub has always loved it. It's nice to know when I make a recommendation to people that the place always lives up to it.
I love to sit at the bar when Ashton is bartending. Great service and fun lively conversation!
See y'all Tuesday!