“Taste of Home”

British Open Pub
Ranked #35 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, British, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family friendly pub style restaurants featuring authentic English food with additional American favorites and certified Angus beef. Taste the finest ales and single malt scotches produced in England, Ireland and Scotland. Come surround yourself with authentic British Open Pub golf memorabilia and let our family take care of yours! Blarney is invited, singing encouraged and good humor admired!
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Being from across the pond, there's not too many places in the Lowcountry that I can relate to as having the warmth and charm of a real pub as I know them. This is an exception. British Open Pub has become a must-go place for my friends and I due to the exceptional food, friendly staff and comfortable, home-away-from-home atmosphere.

It's always on my shortlist of places I recommend to visitors and locals alike and the feedback I have received personally has been nothing but positive. The weekend brunch specials being a particular favourite.

It must be said that I do have a soft spot for a cold pint of cider and a delicious plate of fish and chips, but it's certainly more than nostalgia that keeps me coming back.

britpub1, Owner at British Open Pub, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Sir
cheers

Reviewed November 25, 2012

as an english family we went to the pub to have lunch and watch an english soccer game. they were very put out that we requested to change the channel on one of the tv's but begrudgingly did so with volume at first until the owner told them to turn it off. nobody had complained. this place has become your average overpriced restaurant with an older clientele with very average food and terrible unfriendly "if i must" service with a limited choice of beers on tap. zero atmosphere unless you like elevator mood restaurants. definitely not an authentic british pub. in years past here the tv's at the booths could be tuned to any channel but now they have cheaped out so the individual tv's only get basic cable and they will not allow volume on the larger tv's! useless place. don't go!!

im sorry you didn't enjoy your dining at the british open pub,but i hope you understand we have never claimed or were referred to as a sports bar since our opening in 1998. As for our older patrons,well you see,were happy to have them.You might say there are bread and butter. if its a sports bar your looking for there's two located just across 278 from us
Cheers

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I are frequent visitors to HHI. The British Open Pub is always a must go to for us. I have never beed disappointed in our meals or the service. In fact I embaressed to say that we often go there two -three times each time we visit. We have tried many other restaurants and we always try to find new places to go so that we can leve the menu in our rental unit if the palce is good. We have five stars on our British open Pub menu. Price is reasonable, and the chocolate cake with butttercream icing is a walk down memory lane. Try it and you'll know what I mean.

Thank you so much for kind words.i will especially pass on the compliments to bonnie our pastry chef of the soon to be famous mile high choc chip cake with butter cream icing
Cheers

Reviewed November 15, 2012

While the British Open Pub tries its best to be British, it is not very authentic but it is the only place where you can get a steak pie, although it is not actually served as a pie. They also have bangers and mash and fish and chips. Its a good place for a homey meal in a convivial atmosphere

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Although there are several British Open Pubs, the one in Wexford Plaza is my favorite. It just has a pub feel to it. I find that it is easier to get a seat during the lunch hours rather than the dinner hours. Like any good British Pub they have the regular fare to offer such as: Scotch eggs, Cottage pie, Sheppard's pie and fish and chips. The food is good and has an authentic taste. The best British pub on the island.