“You Gotta go!”
Review of British Open Pub

British Open Pub
Ranked #43 of 368 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family friendly pub style restaurants featuring authentic English food with additional American favorites and certified Angus beef. Taste the finest ales and single malt scotches produced in England, Ireland and Scotland. Come surround yourself with authentic British Open Pub golf memorabilia and let our family take care of yours! Blarney is invited, singing encouraged and good humor admired!
Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
“You Gotta go!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place was excellent! I love British food, so we took our family (and potential in-laws) to their brunch. There were 7 of us, so we made a reservation, but it was not really needed. I had the bangers and mash which was the best I have ever had. The gravy, especially, was sooo nicely spiced. My husband and several others had the eggs benedict on crab cakes and also found their meals delicious. The waitress was very attentive and brought scones and refilled our "bottomless" mimosas quite often. I will definitely go there again!

Red Lion, Pennsylvania
“Try the Pub Wellington!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I googled "lobster roll Hilton Head" and that's how we found the pub. Nice inside but we opted to sit outside. Great service! Lobster roll doesn't have the same huge chunks of lobster like in Cape Cod but still very tasty.... I finished every bite. I would go back!

Shoreham, New York
“It use to be good”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went to the Pub with my wife for dinner on Monday because we couldn't wait for Wednesday prime rib night,which we planned to attend. My appetizer pub wellington, was so-so and not as good as I previously remember from our last visit. Liked shepherds pie usually, but this was rather awful, it was very very dry as if it was left out for some time. My wife's soup was cold and her chicken pot pie fair at best,at least it wasn't dried out. Needless to say we passed on dessert and Wednesday's prime rib. We were quite disappointed because on our last visit we enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere of the pub . Not sure if we would return next time.

“Disappointing visit”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting the British Open Pub since it opened and have experienced various standards of service. However yesterday, September 12, we had lunch there and my wife chose the lobster salad. She found sharp bits of shell in the lobster mix and the waitress responded as if my wife had changed her mind about the order and eventually bought her another salad. No apology for what could have been a medical emergency and the second salad was not even comped. We were decidedly underwhelmed and cancelled our reservation for tonight's lobster dinner for four.

• Visited September 2012
britpub1, Owner at British Open Pub, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
So sorry to hear about your recent visit .In process of contacting our supplier in Boston. We only use shelled lobster claw meat. You should not have been charged,I hope to see you and your wife soon.I value your business and please accept my apology
Huntsville, Texas
“The food and service are always very good!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We always eat at the British Open Pub, one of our favorite places to eat when we are on HHI. The food is consistently good, from the wonderful Lobster Pot Pie, steaks, and great salads. The staff is always very caring about their customers.