“Very disappointing”

Chef David's Roastfish & Cornbread
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our friends kept telling us how great this restaurant was. They accompanied us on 7/8 but this time our experience was horrible. After an 1.5 hour wait, we were finally seated. We brought in our own catch of the day and the chef did prepare it to our specifications for roughly $13 per plate. That was a great deal. When the food arrived all of the side dishes were wrong and not all of it was served on time. There was also an excessive wait time to receive the food.

The menu selection was limited for those not liking seafood. Alcoholic beverages aren't served anymore.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The rest of us liked it, but our vegetarian loved it. Island hippie ambiance. Friendly staff. Fast service. Will recommend to others. Try the burgers, not bad.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Two years ago I was praising Chef David's Roastfish & Cornbread, ( FIVE STAR).
This year left me saying what happened? We were first to arrive @ resturant, Roast flounder was undercooked, no collards, the sweet potato cornbread was extra dry! There was an excessive amount of wait time for our food just to be let down as the food was mediocre at best. It seems that popularity has decreased service and quality and taste of food.

LMWJ

Reviewed July 6, 2013

In April my husband and I went to Roastfish. I was a bit leery because I did not know what to expect. As it turned out I had nothing to worry about. We got there around 5 and did not have a wait. I got shrimp gumbo which was the best soup ever The only problem was it was too spicy and I could not finish it. I also had blackened shrimp, hush puppies and sweet potato bread.They were all very good. My husband got the crab platter which was also very good. Looking forward to going back in August with children and grandchildren.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We got there one night at 640 and she said it would be a 2 hour wait and to come back one night before 5. So we came back at 445 one night and we were seated in about 20 minutes. I am not sure why it even took 20 minutes because all of the tables were open; it just seems like they are very scattered. It took a while to get drinks and order. When we went to order I thought the waitress was kidding when she kept saying they were out of menu items. They were out of: Mac n cheese, pulled pork, brisket, portabella mushrooms, and the one vegan dessert on their menu! She did not seem sorry that they were out of so many items and did not work to substitute items to make dishes. I don't think this place is worth all of the hype.