“Funky Little Place”

Chef David's Roastfish & Cornbread
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very cool little place- funky murals and reggae music to match. Enjoyed conch fritters as a starter with a fantastic Reisling. The fried oysters were fantastic. The waiter wasn't great but he had a little help from some friends. I would return. We went early around 5 pm for an early dinner - the wait was getting to be about 20 minutes when we left.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went one night and the restaurant was full and the wait was longer than we could handle, came back the next night a little earlier and got in after a 20-25 minute wait, it was worth it, I had the monkfish feature that night and it was excellent, the gumbo and sweet potato cornbread were also outstanding, the cornbread was almost like a dessert. My wife had the seafood trio, a mix of fried shrimp, scallops and oysters and loved it. Our server wasn't great, she seemed preoccupied and a little indifferent but it did to take way from a great meal. The place is not your typical restaurant decor, very different, casual and sort of shabby chic. No bar, just beer and wine.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went to this restaurant with a party of 6. The hostess was good, the food was good, the wait staff was terrible. Our waitress showed little enthusiasm in being there. We asked for glasses for our bottle beers and after 5 minutes, we ended up going to the bar and getting them ourselves. When the food arrived, they served only 3 of us, and it took another 5-10 minutes for the other 3 to get their food. We never saw our waitress, and when we did at the end, she only blamed the kitchen (she only takes food orders). To add insult, because we were a party of 6, they automatically added the 18% gratuity for the terrible service. We will never go back.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went out with a group of 8 to Roastfish and Cornbread and were treated to some of the best food I've had on HHI. Conch Fritters are a highlight as well as the my main dish, the succulent and overwhelming amount of scallops on my blackened scallop poboy! A must while visiting the island.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The menu is very varied with loads of seafood and lowcountry foods. We got takeout, but the restaurant was packed on an early Friday evening. I enjoyed my crabcakes and the mac and cheese is awesome