“Great track!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course

Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course
More attraction details
Owner description: The Robert Trent Jones Course, located in Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, was named South Carolina's 2003 Golf Course of the Year. It features 18 holes, with an ocean view on the 10th hole. The course plays 6,122 yards from the middle white tees.
Missouri
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great track!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I really enjoyed the round at this course! They have some very good golf holes and the houses are not on top of the course so you can actually enjoy the beauty of trees. Not one of my best rounds this year, but it was certainly an enjoyable day on the course. The staff (with the exception of the starter) could use a little work in customer service as I really felt like I was part of a factory operation. I'm not one for a lot of small talk, but it just didn't feel that welcoming upon arrival or departure. Luckily enough it really isn't that big a deal for me and the course more than made up for any of those shortcomings. I will definitely plan on playing here again and hopefully have a better score!

Pittsford, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Course, Worth the $”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

It was a fantastic course that had a nice balance between easy and challenging holes. The layout of the course was very unique and was in very good shape. They do offer the use of a Segway instead of a golf cart if you so choose for a $50 extra charge. As an 18 year old, 5 handicapper I took them up on this offer in an instant. It was very unique and was a lot of fun. I had never been on a Segway prior to this round, and it took a while to get used to. By the back 9 I was pretty comfortable on it and I found it to be very efficient as it can go anywhere on the course and it doesn't restrict you as much as a golf cart does. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to focus on their "game". It was a little distracting and definitely cost me a few strokes on the front 9. Overall I would highly recommend this course, to golfers of all ages and skill levels. My foursome ranged in age from 18-78 and handicaps from 5-30 and we all had a great time. There is a lot of sand, and water, especially on the bank 9 which I really enjoyed. I shot 39 (+3) on the front and 34 (-2) on the back for an overall, +1, 73, which was my best score ever. So, for now this course, holds a special place in my heart.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Pretty golf course on Hilton Head”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This course is well designed, well taken care of. Nothing bad to say. Played it on a Saturday so it played fast. Palmetto dunes golf courses seem to always be in good shape on the island which is not to be said for all of them. Nice fairways, bunkers and average speed greens. Not much of a rough but course is designed for tourists. Not very difficult to score well if you play the right tees and hit the ball straight, which makes it very enjoyable. To be played at least once if you look for a good time. Had to pay extra for hitting balls on the driving range, you will think at this price, they will give you 30-40 balls to warm up.

Cleveland, TN
“Good Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The course was very well kept, but it was disappointing to only see the ocean on two holes when "oceanfront" is in the name. It was a little over priced, but overall I would recommend you play this course. Good amenities with GPS in the golf carts but the service from staff was a little lax.

PalmettoDunes, Manager at Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hi Charles - we regret that you had a less than satisfactory experience at the Jones Course. As we mentioned in our message to you, the Jones Course has brand new GPS carts with built-in handicap flagging that designates the cart as handicapped to the proshop and the rangers, and also allows you to travel most anywhere on the course (as opposed to non-handicap designated carts).
Our Golf Course manager would like to speak to you more about how we can improve this experience for our guests, so please do reach out at the number or email address we included in our message to you. We'd like to hear more from you.
Taylors, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Doug Weaver Golf Lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I highly recommend Doug Weaver as a golf instructor. I took a golf lesson from Doug and asked him to help me hit my driver better. I am middle-aged and hadn't played much golf in the last two years. After about 5 minutes he took me through a series of simple drills and within 30 minutes I was hitting my driver with much more confidence, with more power and distance. Doug took videos of my "good" swings and "bad" swings and added voice-over instruction tips. He emailed them to me so I can refer to them whenever I need a refresher.

He is very good at explaining things in easy to understand, non-technical jargon. You have his full attention during the lesson and he keeps things very simple. I plan to visit him again! Thanks Doug!

Visited May 2014