“Great shape except greens”

Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course
More attraction details
Owner description: The Robert Trent Jones Course, located in Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, was named South Carolina's 2003 Golf Course of the Year. It features 18 holes, with an ocean view on the 10th hole. The course plays 6,122 yards from the middle white tees.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We played there in early August and the greens were aerated and fertilized heavily, making putting very difficult. With steep greens fees and NO discount because of the conditions of the greens, do not play this course when the greens have been aerated. You cannot read the greens and the putts are not true.

PalmettoDunes, Manager at Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your round at the Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course. We apologize the course conditions impacted your play due to aerification. As standard procedure, you should have been notified before playing that the course had recently underwent aerification. Our aerification schedule is also posted on our website. If you would please email us at customerservice@palmettodunes.com and provide us with your contact information, our general manager would like to follow up with you to get more details about your round. We apologize and hope you will play our courses again in the future and have a world-class experience that we strive to provide all of our guests.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

It was a challenging beautiful course with some ocean view holes. Our price for a teetime after 2pm was 69.00. It seemed the favorite course of all vacationers who stayed at the Palmetto Dunes Plantation.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I played here in August 2013, the course was bouncing back from aeration but was in good shape otherwise. The facilities here are pretty good and the staff was pleasant on the day I went. It is a bit pricey, I recommend playing in the afternoon to get the reduced rate. If you are looking to drink beer is on par with most courses, I believe it was 3 dollars for domestics. Overall it is a fun layout, play from the whites if you want a little less distance to cover and the blues if you are bigger hitter. The course has a little bit of everything, its fairly open. If you can hit the ball fairly straight you won't find yourself in that much trouble. I do agree that range balls are overpriced, I feel like when your rounds start approaching 100+ dollars you should get range balls for free.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This course is spectacular! The views are astounding. You only see the ocean from one hole, but a river runs all through it, just don't hit into it! It was more challenging for the novice golfer, but the par 3's allowed for some confidence building. We played after rain, so it was cart path only, but we still really enjoyed the course.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The round cost $138. It's another $8 for range balls. They don't tell you that, they just add it to the bill. When I got to the range, there were a handful of balls at most stations, and none at others. I had to ask the starter to replenish the balls. I had an 8:32 tee time. At 8:30 I asked the starter if I was up. He said "no, we had to push you back to 8:56. I went to putt and the greens were top dressed with wet sand. No mention of that when I made the tee time. Slow round, no ranger until half way through the round. By that time the course was backed up. Waited on every shot. Not a good experience for $138.

Thank you for your feedback about your round at the Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course. We apologize your experience did not exceed your expectations. We would like to find out more information regarding your round and issues you encountered. Please call our Jones pro shop at 843-686-9137 and ask to speak to our general manager so we can get more details to help improve our customer service and overall experience for you and for all of our guests.