“Suprisingly Enjoyable”

One Hot Mama's American Grille
Ranked #34 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Very good new year dinner. As soon as we walked in the manager greeted us because we had South Carolina gear on. He automatically yelled out give them the best seats! That was nice. We had a great waitress who was also very nice! The food was awesome, we ordered the rib sampler and the big daddy. All was great except we did not like chocolate ribs, I guess it's an acquired taste! Haha! The collards were good, but the mac and cheese was just ok. We also got the holy hula hula which were in the category of being the hottest wings but they were not hot at all, if u want hot, get the devil. The waitress ended up bringing those bc she felt bad. All in all it was well worth it because it was all minor fixes! We are definitely going again before we leave!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,533)

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Food was really good. Prices reasonable and service was outstanding.. Tried ribs, brisket, and key lime pie.. New Favorite stop for us..

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The atmosphere was fun. The staff was friendly and attentive even with the restaurant full of people. The food was very good. I had the pulled bbq pork sandwich with sweet potato fries. My husband had the pulled pork bbq plate with regular fries. Our son had the shrimp and chicken pasta.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We ended up going here because of a timeshare presentation and this was part of the reward. We arrived at about 7 pm and were told it would be a 15 minute wait. It was less than 10. The restaurant is a typical bbq/rib place - not fancy and with a western/country feel.
We decided to start with the haystack onion appetizer as well as a dozen wings. They came out promptly and were more than enough for the three of us. The wings were very good - I recommend the Maui Wowie sauce - yummy! The onion haystack was good as well.
We ordered the ribs. My husband had the regular bbq sauce and I had the sampler - 3 different types of sauce each on a third of a rack. I had the sweet potato fries and cole slaw as a side. The portions were huge - but more importantly, they were delicious. We could not finish our meals and ended up taking the ribs with us for next day's dinner. The ribs were falling off the bone and very meaty.
The service was very good despite how busy it was. We loved our experience here!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

had a good BBQ meal here. Atmosphere was pleasant. Would definitely go again. I had the Brisket and pork sandwich which was very good. My wife had the BBQ platter and really enjoyed the okra!