“One Hot Mama's is a Hit!”

One Hot Mama's American Grille
Ranked #34 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Good food and an interesting atmosphere. The servers were nice and the menu has lots of options. My wings were really good and my husband liked the BBQ sauce so much we bought a bottle to take home.

1  Thank TDS218
Write a ReviewReviews (2,509)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

One year later One Hot Mama's is still my favorite BBQ place!! A must visit when you're on the island.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent menu for kids. Best ribs I can claim to have ever had. My wife got the brisket, and that was top notch too. Excellent service (Maggie). Best place I visited while in HHI.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Quickly seated 7 adults, 4 children & a 6 month old. Being from KY, I know BBQ, and this pulled pork and beef brisket was tender, tasty & well seasoned. I had the Big Daddy sandwich, a combination of pulled pork & brisket. Heaping tasty sandwich. Several had BBQ and all gave it "thumbs up". Maui Waui Shrimp skewers were enjoyed by my wife. Fried shrimp was said to be the best had so far during our stay here. NICE SIZE PORTIONS OF ALL SELECTIONS WERE PROVIDED AT REASONABLE PRICES. Dessert for kids is the Banana Pudding, which is served between two cookies. The Key Lime Pie was about a sixth of a pie and was tart and dark graham cracker crust. One Hot Mama's American Grill is difficult to find, but well worth being tenacious and finding. It is southeast of the round-about at Pope/Palmetta Bay among other restaurants. My 3 year old granddaughter gives this restaurant "two thumbs-up" and so do I.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ate there with family/friends in a party of six last night of our vacation in early-July. After our 45-minute wait we were seated inside with a reasonably attentive waiter. We had to ask for extra silverware which is O.K. Three of us ordered a family style BBQ family dinner with 3 sides for $36. We chose brisket and ribs as our two meats and mac n cheese, baked beans and French fries as our three sides. The meat was really quite good as were our selected sides. It was more than ample to fill up three of us. Daughter ordered a chicken BBQ meal that she likewise thought was savory. My wife ordered a fried shrimp meal with sides that she loved, while my grand daughter ordered two separate kid's meals, a hot dog and grilled cheese. Since she hadn't eaten for over six hours, she actually managed to consume the bulk of these tasty dishes. When we asked where our advertised rolls were, only then did our server admit they had run out given they had underestimated the large crowd this July Friday night. It was 7:30 p.m. Are you kidding me? That's the primary reason for not giving this joint a "5", that and our total bill was the highest from our entire week of vacation. Their lunch menu is a bit better value as an F.Y.I.