“You have to try it”

One Hot Mama's American Grille
Ranked #31 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We tried the Big Daddy Sandwich, and it was the absolute best BBQ sandwich hands down.......the jalapeno cornbread is really good too. Great food.

There are newer reviews for One Hot Mama's American Grille

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was delectable! The prices were very reasonable with generous portions and great service! Highly recommend -- we will definitely make a return visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location, right in the heart of "downtown" Hilton Head Island. There was a lot of atmosphere and the service was quick and friendly. The food is good but the bar is the reason I went there. Good music as well.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I moved here 5 months ago and recently read where this was outed bet BBQ place on the island. I love BBQ and grew up in south having eaten some of the best BBQ in the south. This is not even close. I went there for Sunday brunch and the pulled pork was all that was available. It was tasteless and had little to no smoke flaor and there were no other BBQ offers except for the baked beans which was canned beans with a little BBQ thrown in. I will not o back. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone!

2  Thank LouLou1947
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have to admit I didnt expect really good food at a themed bbq place especially since it was partially owned by a former food network competition contestant. The reason why we decided to try it was the prices were very inexpensive and they had a wide menu selection. My BBQ and cobb salad were excellent and my wife's chicken sandwich was very good too. This is a great place to take a family, especially with children. The restaurant is rather small and even at 2pm on a wednesday they were slammed. I do wish they had a larger appetizer menu like cornbread or onion straws.