“Great Ribs”

Good for: Families with children
Concord, North Carolina
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Started another Hilton Head vacation and got some coupons to One Hot Mama's. Quickley seated and got drinks. Met Josh who went over the menu and made good suggestions. We had the Ribs and Buffalo Chicken, and Ribs with BBQ. We liked the food and service so much we came back another night. This time Sofia challenged me to get the full rib order. All the food arrived and we needed a To-Go box. This is a great place and suggest you make this a stop when on the island. We averaged spending $40.00 per night, BUT with coupons and the Buy one Get One offer, we did OK. I don't give many Excellents, but this is one. Owner also stopped by and talked to the guests.

Toronto
“Fall off the bone ribs!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The four of us went for lunch on a quest for baby back ribs and we weren't disappointed. The lunch special at $9.99 came with a third rack of fall off the bone ribs, a piece of jalapeno honey corn bread and your choice of two sides. Our group had a selection - collard greens, house made chips and baked beans - all very good. The service was excellent. Way to take care of us Josh! If time permits, we'll go back for dinner.

buffalo, Ny
“Big Food!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Could not believe the SIZE of our platters of food...and every bite was delicious! Very goo\d service,

Hilton Head Island
“Now I Remember Why”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Why I had not been there in 2 years … it serves entrees and appetizers that range from very good to poor … it just depends I guess who is in the kitchen.

We had wings to start which were very good. Nice and meaty and the sauce was nicely prepared.

Then came the main courses … my son had chicken fingers (fine) and fries – soggy at best.

My wife had ribs and got mac and cheese as her side. Ribs were average at best but the M&C was very watery, too much salt, and probably out of a box. My wife left half of her $17 meal.

I had a salad (OK) and sandwich – bottom of bread was soaking wet due to lettuce and tomato on side being really wet.

The wait help was OK … and I hate to be this way, but one waitress in particular was slovenly and made the meal even more unappealing. At the risk of being shallow (yes, a typical guy) my wife made the same observation, independent of me. She just was not professional in her appearance and made a bad situation worse.

I won’t be back … until I forget again! We should have made the drive to Jim and Nicks, which is always better than OHM.

Brentwood
“Delicious Margaritas!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My first visit to One Hot Mama's was Mother's Day. We opted to sit at a high top in the bar because it was a 15 min wait to sit even though there were two empty 4 tops. I had a margarita on the rocks that was super delish. There was a breakfast buffet that looked terrific and priced right at $11 with breakfast food, pulled pork and beans, however I had the fried fish sandwich. It was cod and HUGE. Cooked to perfection! My side was mac and cheese. It was not good unless you like al dente macaroni noodles and velveeta. I would have sent it back and gotten the greens but since the bartender was also the waitress for the whole bar, we didn't get checked on. My dad had the pulled pork sandwich with side of Carolina stew. He didn't comment on the sandwich but said the stew was a cross between gumbo and Brunswick stew. I do not know if that means it was good or not. I think the bar should have a dedicated waitress on Sundays as the bartender was very busy with making drinks for the Sunday mimosas for brunch and Mother's Day. It was a very good meal. Our ticket was $29 and change before tip.