“Yummy appetizers!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of One Hot Mama's American Grille

One Hot Mama's American Grille
Ranked #33 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummy appetizers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just stopped in for an appetizer since we'd had a late lunch earlier in the day. I ordered the mozzarella sticks--probably the best ones I've ever had ($6). My man ordered Shrimp & Crab Artichoke dip; also delicious. This restaurant was recommended to us by some young women working at a clothing store near Coligny shopping area. They told us that it is the most happening place to hang out at night and we believe it. The place was full, but not packed. Would definitely recommend stopping in for dinner or snack!

1 Thank Awissa

Middle Tennessee
“Went for lunch - Great fresh food and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went for the lunch blue plate special and were not disappointed. My husband got the country fried steak and I got the brisket, both with sides. The collard greens, mashed potatoes, and fried okra were fresh cooked and both entrees were really tasty. The service was also very good, so I highly recommend this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelGrandma10
East Chicago, Indiana
“Chocolate BBQ Ribs, Oh My!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We planned to go to another place, but they had a 1 hour wait. So, we walked about 100 feet to OHM! So glad we did! My son and husband were in BBQ heaven. The server, Josh, was on the spot keeping my men's glasses full of beer. It's off-season and we were treated like gold. The place was full and it just smelled good when we walked in. I had a salad with pecans and strawberries. It was great. The guys "smashed" their ribs and wings, and we headed home happy. As we walked outside to our car around the back, we heard the sizzle of the smoker/grill in the back. My husband is a real foodie and said, "that's music to my ears!" Nuff said! Thanks OHM!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank DonnaPerdue
Austin, TX
“Great ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went for dinner looking for some good BBQ - found great ribs and dessert. WIfe and I split a rib plate and a pulled pork sandwich. Ribs were meaty and tender with a nice char. Lots of pork on the sandwhich, but not much smoke flavor, but great BBQ sauce made it all good. We shared the chocolate chip pecan pie, which was outstanding. Gets crowded, so arrive early or late or be prepared to wait. Casual place with friendly staff.

1 Thank divinewood56
connecticut
“So Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I spent the week of February 16th in Hilton Head. We had never been to One Hot Mams's before, but read some great reviews so decided to go on a Monday night. We arrived at about 8 pm and were seated pretty fast. My husband ordered the brisket and it was love at first sight. He found it tender and juicy, and loved the choice of bbq sauces. He said the mac and cheese and collards were awesome and really enjoyed his meal. I ordered the pork rib tips after reading a good review on this site. I have to say that they were amazing! So delicious and moist and a huge portion to boot. I couldn't even finish it! I'm still thinking about it back here in Ct.! The mac and cheese was yummy and I think I had a veggie with it. The dinner prices were so very reasonable. So much food for your money. Went back for a lunch a couple days later and again it was great. Smaller portion but smaller prices! We'll miss this place! So glad we went!

• Visited February 2013