“Good southern bbq”

One Hot Mama's American Grille
Ranked #50 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food here was very tasty. The brisket was excellent and the collard greens were about as tasty as vegetables can get! I highly recommend the fried okra as a side dish.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,625)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Price: fine, since 2for1 sale
Quality: poor quality meat (we both ordered sirloin) that matched the 2for1 "price"
Atmosphere: crowded, loud with poor ambience in decorations
Service: fair, considering the crowd that took advantage of 2for1. Waited 40 minutes for arrival of food
Wait time: 30 minutes (this is off season for Hilton Head Island). Crowd was for 2for1.
Recommend: poor even for this 2for1. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

a must go to restaurant on Hilton Head , six of us had dinner tonight, five raved about the BBQ rack of ribs, while I ordered a steak , it arrived not cooked to my liking so I returned it, Brandon ( our waiter) took it to the kitchen, when it was returned to me by Stephanie , she waited while I checked the wellness, it was still too rare, she insisted on taking it away and I ordered the pulled pork , which was perfect, Brandon told me the steak and pork would be taken off the bill and they would give me a meat loaf dinner to go ( my second choice)... this was above and beyond !!! this is a place you 'll want to visit over and over!! Thank you One Hot Mama's !!

1  Thank peaksgram
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Be prepared to wait. No atmosphere but good BBQ and a surprisingly large menu with something for everyone.
Crowded and loud but that should be expected. The full rack of tasty ribs was fall off the bone good and more than one can handle .

Reviewed February 26, 2013

One of the best barbecue restaurants we have ever visited. Huge plus was the friendliest and most enjoyable staff on the island. Our waitress (Sophie) was phenomenal. Personal favorite: the Asian ribs. But they are all good.