“Best Southern lunch ever!”

One Hot Mama's American Grille
Ranked #34 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you like good old fashioned Southern food, Mama's is the place for lunch. I recommend the "Meat and 3 Sides". I usually order the BBQ pulled pork with collard greens, mac n' cheese, and fried okra. It always comes with a piece of corn bread. yum, yum. The food tastes like Grandma's and you can tell it's made fresh daily. They even bottle their own BBQ sause that comes warm to your table. They have a huge selection to chose from for your "Meat and 3 Sides" (brisket, ribs, chicken fried steak) and the same for your sides. Just excellent, I've never been disappointed. And the best part is that it is reasonably priced.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,534)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I can not imagine that anyone would not like this place. Yes, it is loud and fun but above all else, the food is great. We ate there in December 2012 and enjoyed the total experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I had a great meal at One Hot Mama's. This was our first time - so we wanted to try a couple of items. We ordered a couple of different types of wings and the ribs. Though the ribs were good and very tender - we really liked the wings. We will definitely go back. Great food and great service.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Hubby and I tried One Hot Mama's Sunday Brunch...granted in was only $9.99, that should have been a red flag, since we typically pay $30+ for a good brunch at home. They had made to cook to order omelets. The waffles were rock hard and most food was only luke warm. The brunch came with a watered-down mimosa. The biscuits were good. The service was ok. We did see a couple eating wings off the menu (not brunch menu) and they looked real good...maybe a happy hour spot rather than brunch.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We found this restaurant in a guide and decided to try it. Mama knows how to cook, Southern style. Lots of southern fare such as collards, green beans and mac and cheese. Did I mention that the price was right. We ate at this restaurant several times throughout the week and were never disappointed.