“Not the same old menu”
Review of Crave by Daniel's

Crave by Daniel's
Reserve with OpenTable
Crave by Daniel's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Crave by Daniel's on Hilton Head Island is creating innovative cuisine from around the world to satisfy even the most discerning palate. Opn for Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We've been to Daniel's many times, and it never fails to excite our tastebuds! The menu is large and divided into several parts. There are full course steaks, pizzetas, dishes from the Americas, Mediterranean and Asia. Under these titles are many appealing dishes, "small big plates," salads, and soups. The emphasis is on creative takes on classsic ethnic food. Our favorites are the hummus made from scratch tableside, lamb gyro sliders and "angry lobster" with shrimp fried rice. A new dish we tried tonight is duck wings, not unlike chicken wings, meaty and glazed with an Asian sauce, served atop crisp fried spinach leaves. Wow! For new diners, a caveat: the dishes, although not unlike tapas, are much larger. For example, a great Greek salad is served in a wooden bowl and is enough for two. The atmosphere is that of a casual bar. Later in the evening, the restaurant turns into a nightspot with live music. Earlier techno music filters throughout the restaurant, but we don't let that bother us. The food is worth it!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The variety of tapas was great, and they were unusual but delicious. They were attractively plated and served at an appropriate pace for a relaxing meal.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great place for happy hour or an evening with friends for cocktails and tapas. Unusual but well done decor, the waiter was knowledgable with all the menu items and there are many, food and cocktails were fantastic!!! Very enjoyable.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We went here for an early dinner. Happy hour was also advertised on the board in front of the restaurant. There was not a single other patron in the restaurant, but our server declined to allow us a happy hour glass of wine at the table, insisting that we had to sit at the bar. Additionally, she was rude and unhelpful in assisting us in navigating the menu. We were suprised when we asked her to speak to the manager about the wine that the manager did not come to the table, as there was not a single other person in the entire restaurant. We ended up leaving the restaurant before we even ordered, so I can not speak to the quality of the food.

7  Thank elexaw
avivben, Owner at Crave by Daniel's, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Most often my management team will respond to customer conflicts, but given I was directly involved with your situation, I- the owner, will respond. Your server approached me that evening, after being asked if we could make an exception in regards to combining both the Living Social coupon, and the Early Dining Menu. I reiterated what she already knew, but she was simply carrying out your request. Once she left my office, I decided to follow and listen to how the situation would unfold. She kindly explained that Living Social cannot be combined with any other offer, or discount, and that it states that directly on the coupon. You acknowledged this, and then asked if we could make an exception because you were from out of town. Please note that Hilton Head Island is a tourist destination and that 70% of our customers are travelers from out of town. She then approached me again, per your request and I repeated exactly what I told her moments prior. She relayed the message and to my complete surprise, she was bribed! If we would allow both Living Social and Early Bird to be combined, you would write a good review on Trip Advisor or Yelp. She again explained why she could not combine the two, and you decided to order off the regular menu so you could use the coupon. You then asked about Happy Hour. Happy Hour is offered at the bar, or on the patio- as the sign in front of the restaurant states. Happy Hour, in addition to Early Bird is a special offer. Given that Living Social and any other special offer cannot be combined, she was correct in telling you so. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, but I assure you she was not being rude by explaining our policy, and the policy of Living Social. My entire staff have worked very hard to get to where we are and our reviews on Trip Advisor are a clear indicator that we are hitting the marks in food, service, and atmosphere! If you send me your address, I’ll be more than happy to refund you the $15 for the Living Social coupon, given you did not use it.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Had the best service and meal on island.
The menu had an array of choices. From cobb salad to lamb. To delectable desserts
This is a must!